What's new

💵 💰 💲 SOTD - “Baller WEEK” January 16th, 2023 to January 22nd, 2023 💵 💰 💲

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, January 20
proxy.php

La Savonnière du Moulin~~Hucklaration B5~~British Red Tip/Gillette 7 O'Clock Black~~Vintage Aramis Havana

Have a great day!

SOTD-WR2GT-G_2023-01-20.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (15)
ASL: Clubman Classic Vanilla

A superb shave. :biggrin:

I changed back to my 7o'clock Ninja today, and at 15 shaves it's MILES better than the Lab Blue (which I found to be meh, so it joins my "meh" category along with Gillette 7o'clock Yellows [SharpEdge] and Greens [Super Stainless]). Of course blades are very personal things, and my "meh" blades may well be the cat's pajamas for other shavers. :crazy:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Saturday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (D6)
Brush: Omega 6240 Silvertip
Scuttle: TheMudPlace Big Daddy Oiled Mahogany
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Moon Soaps Warmest Regards
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Moon Soaps Warmest Regards

Sat 21
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
A truly beautiful lather from the soap. Richly creamy and slick with an amazing scent augmented by the matching splash!
This razor's edge is buttery smooth for today's rush shave. A truly quality razor! 3passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230121_104757.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
43A22437-CA32-400D-8977-40EC38CFAF27.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Special Pure Badger.
2) China: Shaving Cream Urban Mess.
3) USA: Razor Gold Star DE razor.
4) Pakistan: Razor Blade Treet Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Replenishing Post Shave Balm.
7) R.O.I. EDT Bespoke London.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

SOTD: 21st January 2023.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wright's Coal Tar Traditional Bar Soap.
Brush: AP Shave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: MWF.
Razor: (Face) Parker 55SL Semi-Slant. - Euromax Platinum. (D1)
Razor: (Head/Dome) Yaqi Katana. - Euromax Platinum Single Edge. (D1.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT.

A new shave set up to start the weekend...My recent reacquaintance with my Slant razors has been wonderful. The Parker 55SL Semi-Slant is such a smooth shaver, very much like the Merkur 37C and it's bigger sibling 39C.The Euromax Platinum was a great match with both the Yaqi katana & Parker 55SL Semi-Slant feeling smooth & efficient in both razors.

An invigorating cold water face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

I changed back to my 7o'clock Ninja today, and at 15 shaves it's MILES better than the Lab Blue (which I found to be meh, so it joins my "meh" category along with Gillette 7o'clock Yellows [SharpEdge] and Greens [Super Stainless]). Of course blades are very personal things, and my "meh" blades may well be the cat's pajamas for other shavers. :crazy:

I've never tried the 7o'clock Ninja. For you personally, where do the fit in the pantheon of Gillette Blades?

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Grooming Dept. Lavender Mallard
Brush
Shavemac Synthetic
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
Switched to a new razor and blade today: my Mergress XL loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade. The brush today is my Shavemac Synthetic – one of my favorite synthetics. This is the 26th and final use of this soap. A very nice, smooth, and close shave. Have a great day.

first.jpg

gillette-green.jpg

• Prep: Face wash with Himalaya Oil Clear Lemon facewash
  • Brush: Ajay
  • Razor: Gillette Permasharp (100% Plastic)
  • Blade: Gillette Permasharp
  • Lather: Laser 3 Sport Foam
  • Post Shave: water splash - alum rub - water splash - pat dry - DCRAF aftershave lotion
- Washing face makes beard hair soft. Yes you can touch & tell. But don't wait for 2 or more minutes before you start putting shaving cream. Hair become hard again as soon as water dries up

- Ajay shaving brush bought locally for 40/-. Surprisingly better than Gillette shaving brush. Gillette shaving brush's handle is so small that all lather gets onto your fingers and makes them slippery for both the brush and the razor. Holding it is a pain. Comparatively, Ajay brush is long enough for a good grip and support.

- This razor very mild. I want to remind you this is my 1st shave with a safety razor but last 3 shaves were with a Shavette (extremely aggressive). Before the Shavette, I have been using cartridge razors. I have used every cartridge razor available in Indian market except Gillette Fusion. I did not use Gillette Fusion because Mach3 shave irritated my skin a lot (even though it was the closest shave than any cartridge razor can give you). Compared to Mach3 this safety razor is softer and milder and glides better. Absolutely no skin burning , no skin irritation (unless you do 4 passes, which I did on one part of the face to test it). Handle is plastic but does not slip. I will say again it does not slip from your hand. It's just too tiny to hold in the hand. Because of handle size, I will not use it again.

- Permasharp blades. These raise hell on my face. How do you feel when you drive your vehicle on a village dirt road (or no road) with zero tarmac but full of stones, gravel and potholes? That is how I feel like when this blade runs on my skin. Same experience with Shavette and this safety razor. Also, I have very hard beard. This gives only one good shave, 2-pass with touch-up. Then it tugs,cuts and nicks.

- Shaving foam. yes, shaving foam is no good compared to any shaving cream. I bought it, so I will finish it.

- washed my face with water, put some alum. Only little burning on places. First, half of the shave was with one time used Permasharp blade + Shavette. So alum stung that part of the face. Then one other part of the face where I did 4-pass shave with new blade to test it, alum stung there too.

- DCRAF after shave lotion feels more like a moisturizer. 100% non-greasy and smooth. I have oily skin and most things feel greasy to my face but not DCRAF. It did soothe the stinging parts softly. Overall, I liked it.

Next SOTD, with a better shaving brush, coming soon :)

Attachments

• gillette-green.jpg
    gillette-green.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom