Stirling lavender and Bergamot
Le Grande Chypre

F4CF3E3F-A945-4598-A3AB-7BEFF86FCA97.jpeg

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Mikes Hungarian Lavender
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, APR Lavande violette Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Pour un Homme de Caron EdT

The Mergress on setting 2 proved the sweet spot for the GBE blade.
My SV is one of my favorite brushes they do not enough exposure for how great they are.
Very nice brush.

20211107_152936.jpg

Sunday head shave

Preshave: Pears Glycerin soap in shower +3P cream

Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V4

Blade: Voskhod (2)

Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm Pure Badger

Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Postshave: Osma Alum Block +Life Witch Hazel

Aftershave: RazoRock Baby Blue splash + Nivea Sensitive Skin Aftershave balm

Notes: the combination of MWF and the Nivea Balm was my go to combo for evening shaves when I used to work night shifts at my security jobs. The pure badger brush I wasn't a fan of for awhile and it sat in my den but I been using it specifically with the Fat and its working wonders for me although it is a bit of a lather hog, but the scritchyness of it is perfect to load a hard soap

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
EFF1539B-D8BC-4C2B-BCF1-F5D3CEED7D10.jpeg
PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapBlue Devil Shave Co Vetiver, Australia 🇦🇺
BrushBGB Red Baron Silver tip Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorPAA Phantom Blue OCS, USA 🇺🇸
BladeRapira Platinum Lux, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 , Thayers Witch Hazel, USA 🇺🇸
FragrancePAA Doppelgänger Orange Aftershave, USA 🇺🇸
Rating8.5/10

Brush: Rudy Vey Jade handle w/ Muhle 26mm STF knot

Blade: Personna Israeli Red (5), excellent BBS zero irritation on to shave 6

Bowl: Captain’s Large Copper Bowl

Razor: WR2 SS SB 1.35mm w/ Timeless Ti Crown Handle

Post Shave: 4711, Hyaluronic Acid

It is a race between Personna and Polsilver
6B32D031-FC84-4E67-9E41-B98A890F2B2A.jpeg

Great set-up and photo.

About those Holy Black Vampire Hunter sundries: I sure hope they don't smell like garlic. Did they come packed in little coffins? Were the wooden stakes included?

LOL. Honestly they were all packed in the kit as shown with some real garlic. It is like a mini luggage type case covered with dust and fake cobwebs. When it arrived the garlic was a bit rotten and it did smell bad. The ordor is long gone now, but it was a bit shocking when I originally opened the box. The good news is none of the garlic scent contaminated the products. The kit did come with a wooden stake under the wrapped vials. No coffins, but the pomade came in a ceramic cross. The shave soap was not part of the set and was offered later during one of their secret stash drops. The straight edge came with their Clue like game, Murder at the Holy Black. It was a great and fun shave this morning. I give the Holy Black credit for making some fun, themed products.

Last edited:
IMG_20211109_052403.jpg

Nov 09

PreshavePAA Mentholated Cube in the shower/A&E Slick Stick
BrushOmega Evo
BowlCC Copper
SoapA&E Monte Carlo
RazorWolfman WR2 1.15 shimmed to 1.25
BladeWizamet Polsilver Stainless (29)
Post ShaveWitch Hazel
After ShaveA&E Monte Carlo
BalmA&E Post Shave Serum + ISC Hyaluronic Acid
FragDior Sauvage
RatingDFS 9.7 Not as close as the last few shaves with the Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow

As I said in the Participation PIF thread, the unobtainium blade was noticeably less sharp today. There was slight resistance. 29 shaves was a good run, and, the most I have ever knowingly put on a single blade. So Tomorrow it will turn into a shim. I will run with one shim this week, next week two. Next blade to try is a Polish Wizamet Iridium Super from the early 80's. I am excited to try vintage versions of my favored blade. After that I have tucks of Gillette "Spoilers", British Wilkenson Swords, and, Schick Plus Platinums. The shim it is too early to say how much of a difference it made since the blade was not the sharpest. Tomorrow or worst case Thursday, will tell me more with a fresh blade. I didn't push today's shave so I should be good for tomorrow.

A&E Monte Carlo is my best performing A&E soap. I am not sure what base it is, but, the lather is just awesome. Slick, goopy goodness. The lather didn't drop from my razor, but, it was close to. A&E Slick Stick is a good preshave. I ran it over my face ATG and then wet the Evo and made worked the water into it and let it sit on my face for a minute or two. I really feel it adds something. The Monte Carlo is good on it's own, but, is better with Slick Stick. The Post Shave Serum on the other hand is just okay. I think it has alcohol in it and I would rather my balms didn't

The Omega Evo is a wonderful brush. I like it very much. I don't think I will be parting with my nicer badgers, but, it is certainly worthy of it's spot in my rotation. I have seven brushes now. I think when I get my M&F Heritage II L7 I will PIF the Fank Shaving Manchurian. It is not a bad brush, but, I don't love gel tips. I will likely put a set together for a PIF in the newbie forum. Either my NDC 40's Super Speed, or, my New Short Comb, a soap, and, an after shave. I was on the receiving end my first few years on B&B.

3AF5EBEE-2431-4030-8FE8-4DD8A2AA57B1.png

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 10, 2021

It was definitely time for a vintage straight razor shave. I do love my Japanese razors, and decided to shave with my first Japanese razor acquisition. My son has a huge collection of Japanese razors, and he made mu aware of this Tanifuji Airi which he termed a steal. After a bit more urging on his part, I bought it, and boy am I glad I did. Ben insisted on running it through his jnats, and it really shaved well. Over the years, I’ve been maintaining it first on my jasper, and most recently on my 9 Ball Slate which imparts an edge every bit as good. Two and a half passes with some final flatblading easily put the baby to bed.

One of my favorite vintage noggin shavers is my Eclipse Red Ring which I shaved with just a few days ago. Prices for the Eclipse have hit the stratosphere compared to what I paid for mine. About two or three years ago Classic Shaving offered an incredible safety razor deal in their Occam’s DE razor. It came with three plates, two top caps and a case for just under $60. I originally bought it as a Christmas present for my then oldest grandson, but after a shave with its aggressive plate decided to keep it and bought another at the same price for him. The aggressive plate on this DE shaves very similarly to my Eclipse which is consistently excellent. My two pass ATG noggin shave this morning was in keeping with that assessment and left your happy narrator velveteen smooth from shoulders to dome and smelling of Lilac in my sweet bride’s absence.

RAZOR: Tanifuji Airi 11/16 (Mug), Classic Shaving Occam’s DE (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 with 26mm Boar Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pinaud Lilac Vegetal.

SOD Friday November 12, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: None
Lather: Proraso Blue (16)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Kai (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Proraso Blue Dopobarba
Have a great day!