Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Pyrate's Cove Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Bay Rum

Last edited:

SOTD: 3rd June 2023.

5.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Face & Head lather.
Lather: Eco Warrior Bergamot and Lime shaving Bar.
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG) - Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Kanzy K100. (Head/Dome)- Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Yelken Lemon Eau De Cologne./ Aloe Vera Gel.

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend....

Both the 40's Gillette Tech & Kanzy K100 paired up wonderfully with the Dorco Prime Platinum. I will be using both the Kanzy K100 & the Baili BD 191 for my head/dome shave throughout the month the curvature on the top cap & closed head design on both razors have the same head and are wonderful for head shaving giving extra protection of catching my ear lobes from the blade ends when shaving.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. 😉

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. 😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
70F712D5-4265-4F4F-8D32-2A1E3F48755E.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 25C.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Nacet.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD. Saturday, June 3rd 2023

Razor : Razorock Game Changer.84 316 SS- Mfg 2018>, excellent machining and finish QC, tame mid range, I have always received decent shaves with my GC.84 but with a Kai SS extra wide it just makes my shaving more enjoyable to reach a nice level of closeness IMO. Had a close no issues shave this morning and that is all a person requires IMO.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide (6)- sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. They are pricier than other blades but worth having a few tucks for those great mild razors that need a bump in efficentcy and some extra blade feel.
Soap : Williams mug soap- interesting soap with a rich history in shaving world for millions of folks, the soap formula was changed from old to new and the brand has changed hands also and it is not as rich and wonderful as the old formula according to folks who still use both formulated soaps.
Williams mug soap could of improved their soap but sat on their hands and did nothing and now the Brand is done for now, hopefully they will bring out a new improved formula down the road that they could of easily accomplished(management problems who where not Intune with the changing times IMO). I like to use this soap every once in a while, Mr. Williams "founder" must be turning in ..........! Folks ,must of found better cheaper soap some where else is my guess! Williams works well with a thicker pastier loaded brush on a wet face is my finding and just add a little water to brush or use a water mister if needed.
Brush : Yaqi "Ever helpful" 22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent splay scrubber + great lather painter. This brush is a excellent splay scrubber because of a shorter loft and still has a reasonable soft face feel.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Proraso green eucalyptus with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai extra wide blade.
SOTD May June 3 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

IMG_20230603_103824_609.jpg

IMG_20230603_111031_612.jpg
IMG_20230603_110942_986.jpg
IMG_20230603_103833_162.jpg

SOTD From INDIA
It's been sometime that I posted anything here. Was so busy with work and life that could not get time to wetshave on several occasions. So here are things: I got Urban Mooch butterfly and to check which blades go with it well, I kept everything else the same. Here is my experience:
  • It is really a pretty aggressive razor. It is not madly aggressive like my Romer-7 Ricardo though
  • My first shave with this razor was with my most trusted blade: Gillette Permasharp. I have used it since the beginning in every other kind of razor and have a good experience in handling its uneven sharpness. This is the blade I use to check any new razor. And yes, in this TTO it cut through 7 days of stubble like a hot knife in butter. The only difference from Ricardo was, I had to take smaller strokes. With aggressive Ricardo, which is 3-piece, I could take longer strokes. But this TTO tells me before cutting skin, Ricardo does not. Blade feels sharper in this TTO compared to other razors I have used but it is like it asks you to control it and does not come in the way of controlling either. I got 2 nicks for 7 day stubble. For 1 day stubble, it was simply too sharp and too aggressive to use. This was last blade from the pack. I am unable to find it locally, hence no pic
  • Laser Ultra blade just does not suit me. With this TTO on first shave with Laser Ultra (for 7 day stubble) I got 12-14 cuts/nicks/weepers. It was terrible. Alum stung everywhere on face. I thought it might help if I use it on 2 day stubble but boy, I was so wrong. Got so many cuts that I gave this blade up. I have tried it in aggressive Ricardo too, similar experience
  • Gillette Wilkinson Sword feels way more sharper in this TTO than in Ricardo. I got 2 nicks but it was manageable. There was post-shave irritation though
  • Vertice One. Simply a no-no for it gave lot of irritation during and after shaving
So yeah, urban Mooch TTO will be my go-to for 3+ days of stubble. One amazing thing is this Urban mooch wooden handle shaving brush. It is really very good. Personally, I don't like wooden handles for they lose their shine and nice look just after one use. I prefer resin. Going to order one 3-piece medium-aggressive razor for I need to shave everyday sometimes. Might also order a close-open comb razor too:
- Romer-7 Wazir
- Romer-7 CS11 (Muhle R41 copy)

Pre-shave: Saponificio Varesino "Burro di Karité"
Brush: AP Shave Co.
Lather: Tabula Rasa "August"
Razor: 1963 Gillette "Slim Adjustable"
Blade: Super Max "Diamond Edge"
Witch hazel: Pearlessence "Rose Water"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Myrsol "Plastic shave"
Face cream: Dove Men+ Care "Ultra Hydra"

2023-06-03.jpg

Saturday SOTD
View attachment 1664653

Razor: Bakelite Slant
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock Black (D2)
Brush: Semogue 2013 SE Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Buffalo Horn 6”
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Pyrate's Cove Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
That thick razor with a different kind of color, then that pirate with one wooden leg and then the Rum bottle, all match for a good movie based on ocean/sea adventure of 1800s

20230602_085824.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1963 I2 Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Elite Razor Kingman Turquoise, Manchurian White
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

SOTD JUNE 3rd
June 2023 GRUME

Hello friends

A beautiful day today. It made me want to smell roses… I took the tub of Mike's Rose, Patchouli & Cedarwood and combined it with the rose scents of Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet. How wonderful!

As usual on Saturdays, I used Green Cult 2.0 with plate IV and today I repeated Wizamet (2). With Omega Jade and Thayers it was a perfect combination.

Frank was with me on Deep In A Dream.

Rating: 9,5

Have a nice weekend and great shaves.
❤️🪒

E884F0A4-DBE2-43E5-9539-AB7F21521187.jpeg
IMG_8954.jpeg

6/2/23
Noble Otter Northern Elixir
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
Muhle R41 (2013)
Gillette 7:00 Yellow (6)
Maggard Razors Alum Block