Not open for further replies.
6 March, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Timor
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Two Band
Soap: Zingari Man: Barrel Proof (Sego)
Fragrance: Signature Leather Tabac by Zaharoff

another wonderful shave that ticked all the boxes... a very pleasing start to the week.

SOTD06.03.23.jpeg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Shavemac 28mm Syn.
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL++
Blade
RK
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Well, it’s a new week and a new razor and blade as well as brush. The razor is the Henson AL ++ paired with n RK blade. The brush is the 28 mm Shavemac synthetic. The soap remains the same with 36 shaves o far. Another perfect shave. Have a wonderful day and week, folks.

Mon 6
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Dorko Near Wedge 43
The soap's lather qualities were very nice including an intoxicating cool scent in tandem with the matching splash.
I missed the SR very much and today's shave with this excellent razor felt so satisfying. The edge was silky soft and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230306_154000.jpg

main.jpg

photo_2023-03-06_16-29-18.jpg
before-after.png
IMG_20230224_122328_754.jpg

IMG_20230202_184640_079.jpg
IMG_20230202_184658_546.jpg
IMG_20230202_184722_142.jpg

SOTD From India

- Just wanted to a use a less sharper blade with this aggressive razor I have. Settled with Vertice One Super Stainless from my trial pack. It's an alright blade. After using blades like Permasharp, SP and Wilkinson Sword, it feels like much, much less sharper. Had to put pressure because I was not feeling the sharpness and hence cut myself at several places:-\ . Of course, it's a bit sharper thanthe Laser Stainless but nothing "Super" about it.

- Urban Mooch Sheesham handle brush is very good. Won't be my everyday go-to brush but still quite an awesome brush for $3.5 from JioMart. I could recommend it to anyone who wants to buy it. It's neither thick nor thin, neither heavy nor light. It's balanced brush in every way. I would prefer to use Rubab Men Hornet because I did not like the wooden handle. You can see from the pic how the handle shine has gone in just one shave. I guess this is what happens to all the wooden handles anyway.

- Now the shaving soap. 3 words: a strong fragrance. Whether it's dry or wet, whether it's in the box or on your face, fragrance is strong all the way. I find it too much of fragrance. Making lather is very easy and slickness is good too. In yesterday's SOTD I used Pearl's Coffeeop which had mild to moderate fragrance. I liked that more. Also, Pink Woolf was $5 for 50 gm whereas Pearl was $3.20 for 100 gm. So, I don't think it's worth spending $5 on it. No way I am buying Pink Woolf again. Their razors too start from $9 or something. I wonder why so much hike in the price when you can get really good shaving soap or razor from Pearl or Romer-7 at half the price with same quality.

- Brooks aftershave is just an average and locally manufactured aftershave. Leaves the skin dry and stretch-y. DCRAF came to the rescue. Maybe the best cream/balm like aftershave I have used so far. Luckily I ordered a pack of two for a bigger discount. Putting it in my list of go-to aftershaves next to St. John's Cobra. It has a nice/funny ad if you scroll down to Dcraf Story

An okay shave, no fun

Pre-shave: Saponificio Varesino "Burro di Ilipé"
Brush: West Coast Shaving
Lather: Tabula Rasa "Herbs"
Razor: Gillette Tech (made in Canada)
Blade: NOS Hoffritz
Witch hazel: Thayers "Cucumber"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Davidoff "Cool Water"
Face cream: Neutrogena "Hydro Boost"
EdT: Davidoff "Cool Water"

2023-03-06.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, March 6th 2023

Razor : Ever-Ready 1914(AKA= LLC)- Mfg 1914-17, excellent mid range, because of the design you get the best audio feedback from all my razors, it is a joy to use and the results are stellar with good technique. It is a razor to have if collecting ASR razors IMO.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest razor Blade to handle.
Soap : La Toja stick- very light scent with excellent lather qualities. When this soap is dialed in it performs very well IMO + good post shave feel. I just slice a few slivers off with pocket knife and press into bowl and bowl lather that way, works well.
Brush : Yaqi" lucky dice" 26mm brown whiskers mew fan knot(odd ball knot for this handle), excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, Gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Great handle for large handles IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Ever-Ready 1914 with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD March 6 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

proxy.php

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Leonidam Horus Silvertip Badger
Soap: Asylum Shave Works/Saponificio Varesino Colonia
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Pitralon Classic Aftershave Lotion, Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel
Scent: Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Great shave.

20230305_081309.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready 1914 "Little Lather Catcher"
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Status