What's new

<<< SOTD "B&B SUPPORTING VENDOR WEEK" February 27th, 2023 - March 6th, 2023 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
sotd28.02.23.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, February 28th 2023, Day #5 of 5 consecutive daily shaves testing the Yaqi SLOPE slant.

Razor : Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS slant with the Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking 316 polished handle- Mfg Jan 2023>, well built and design is kind of different with the "SLOPE" safety bar instead of the traditional distorted base plates for a torsion type slant. The machining is accurate with finish adequate for my shaving needs. Any sharp corner edges I slightly blunted with a hone stone with care(that is up to operator desecration preferences) By making the sloped safety bar Yaqi has made a unique compact slant razor IMO. There is a way for blade feel enthusiasts who like the blade edge feel or blade exposure more is use a Kai SS blade that is extra wide and it will drive the aggression and efficentcy up a notch usually. I'm enjoying this slant shave this morning with the Kai SS blade blade. The razor blade combination gave me a stellar dolphin smooth BBS shave this morning and with mostly a carefree shave. (cotton ball snag tested to confirm BBS if wondering :001_rolle).
The Yaqi SLOPE slant is indicating to myself it has the potential for a nice daily driver with a regular sharp Standard blade if curious for that information and if a person desires a little more blade feel go to the Kai SS blade I'm thinking.
Blade : Kai SS (4) sharp and smoooth with excellent longevity from my experiences. Extra wider than a standard Gillette Astra SP blade by 9/1000 of a inch or .0045 inches per side. Great for folks who want a little more blade exposure or blade feel.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier soap, very nice tangy sharp scent (Aramis classic scent?)with excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master Soap creations S.A. to help bring their line of soap and fragrances to market.
Brush : Yaqi "Aqua" 24mm High mountain silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier Musk scent (Aramis?)+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi SLOPE 316 slant with a Kai SS extra wide blade. To confirm a BBS shave sometimes I will use a cotton ball to see if it snags any where is another way instead of just a feel test for conformation, everyone's skin is different from age of person to texture of neck skin area also.

SOTD Feburary 28 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
B&B LE 2014
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Medical Prep blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
I have just returned from an 8-day vacation- a fishing trip. I was one of 5 guys and only one other person shaved every day. My travel kit consisted of a Rudy Vey Synthetic brush, a Red Tip razor, a GSB blade, and Czech-Speake soap. The shaves went well but I liked getting back to my home equipment. Today I used the MdC soap for the 31st time. Today’s brush was the B&B 2014 LE brush made by Rudy Vey and the Timeless-Med Prep combo was on its 7th use. A perfect shave on a perfect Florida day.

SOTD-BRG-P_2023-02-28.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (19)
ASL: Pashana American Bay Rum [hair and scalp tonic :crazy:]

Another great shave. :biggrin:

I'm wondering what razor I'll be using for the FFFMM tomorrow.:001_unsur I'll sure miss my FBT in March.:crying:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

20220502_104009.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB .38
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Hunting Lodge
Aftershave: LBCC Historical Bay Rum Aftershave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

FB14D559-4E67-43F3-ACF1-2477C5A8D6E1.jpeg

1CE03F33-9348-4A40-A087-0023F9AC3CEF.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Platinum

Soap: Hendrix Classics & Company Citrus Bomb
Brush: AKA Brushworx Winter Shine (28mm AK4)
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Lime Sec EdC

It's been a fun Fruity February to say the least and today was no different. The Hendrix Classics and Company Citrus Bomb was a blast to use and a fitting choice to end this month's festivities.

The soap is orange forward but you can pick up some other citrus family notes. It's not overpowering but not too light as well. It really is dialed in to a perfect volume.

I opted for the Fine Lather Bowl today and with its ridges, it helped my AKA Brushworx Winter Shine brush to whip up a great lather from the Citrus Bomb soap. The lather had a nice build to it with really good structure and cushion. I'm looking forward to trying more soaps from HC&C based on this experience.

With the venerable Blackbird in hand, fitted with a Gillette Platinum blade, I did a three-pass shave and walked away a happy camper.

The Blackbird resting safely in its hanger, I reached for some often overlooked but never underappreciated, Pinaud Lime Sec EdC. It's classic, it's lime and it's one I really do like. It made for a great finish to not only this shave but for Fruity February in general.

Take care my friends. Thanks for reading and enjoy your shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom