What's new

<<< SOTD "B&B SUPPORTING VENDOR WEEK" February 27th, 2023 - March 6th, 2023 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday + Daily double, February 27th 2023. Testing 4th shave of 4 consecutive daily shaves with the Yaqi SLOPE slant razor head.

Razor: (L) Gem Micromatic Flying wing(AKA=MMFW, MMBT, guiding eye....)-Mfg 1947-50, Tame mid range, a well built & designed razor and the heaviest of the 3 Micromatic variants. Very easy going shave this morning with excellent results.(have used this razor a lot over the years and thought it was a good choice for comparing similarities to my new Yaqi slant for shaving results).
Razor: (R) Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS slant head (NEW Head design)with a Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle-Mfg Jan 2023>, mild to tame mid range with excellent efficentcy, well designed and accurate CNC QC with adequate finish for most of my personal shaving needs. It is a compact slant compared to other slants in the market. I decided to use different blades while testing and the Perma-sharp was next of 3 blades to be tested. The shave was stellar with a new blade and mostly carefree shaving experience this morning.
As for the Chippendale handle I'm adjusting to using it(different hand feel ) and really enjoy using it ATG pass( very comfortable) in the hand IMO. Very attractive handle and hard to Manufacture IMO.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Blade : Gillette Perm-sharp (1) sharp & smooth with great longevity, DE top tier blade for balanced performance shaving needs.
Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice clean scent with excellent lather qualities, makes excellent ubber lather with other soaps.
Brush : Yaqi "black marble" 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : (L)- CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: had a excellent shave with my MMBT with a Gem coated blade on (7) uses.
Results : (R)- CCS,DFS.BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:had a excellent shave with my Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS slant head with a Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle with a Gillette Perma sharp blade (1) use. The Yaqi SLOPE slant slightly out performed the MMFW maybe because of the # of uses (7) on the GEM blade possibly. Both excellent blades. I like to do a feel test after 2 passes with no pickups yet to compare efficentcy of the two razors when comparing. The MMFW had a little more stubble feel under the chin area but the rest was similar on cheeks.
6SOTD Feburary 27 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD-BRG-G_2023-02-27.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (18)
ASL: La Rive Cabana

A wonderful shave. :biggrin:

Not only is my FBT my favorite SB razor, it just seems to get better and better. Of course, the rest of the team are a great help.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Razor: Gem Feather Weight
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (5)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Brush: Omega 10049
Soap: PAA Atomic Bay Rum
Aftershave: PAA Atomic Bay Rum
Balm: St. James of London Black Pepper & Lime

DFS+. Now that I’m starting to remember that this razor is quite light, I’m getting some good shaves.

7576126F-101E-473A-82B4-28198D02EB14.jpeg

26-02-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Yaqi Sentinel, DSCosmetics Destroyer, Super Max (# 13) :: Semogue SCNHG LE 2022 :: Barrister & Mann, Mûir(e) Wood :: Lea 3 en 3 :: Epsilon, Mediterranean Blue

proxy.php

27-02-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Blackland Blackbird Titanium Satin Lite, Perma Sharp (# 1) :: Danidorm Endeveour :: Álvarez Gómez :: Álvarez Gómez :: Epsilon, Mediterranean Blue

proxy.php

Salut!

20230226_085108.jpg

Razor: Gem 1912 Chain link handle
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

2/27/23
Taylor of Old Bond Street St. James
Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
Schick M1 Adjustable Injector Razor
Parker Injector Razor Blade (4)
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Murray & Lanman Kananga Water
Nivea Maximum Hydration Balm
Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
SOTD2-27-23.jpg.jpeg

Tabac Tuesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Steampunk Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Kai (D2)
Brush: Shavemac TSR2015 LE 2-band Silvertip Xmas Coral
Bowl: Georgetown 4.5” Opal-Iron-Rim
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Rainforest
Shave Soap: Tabac
Balm: Tabac
Cologne: Tabac

proxy.php

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: TroyCraft 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Floris No 89
Razor: Blutt WR-1 (1.2mm plate)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Blue Stratos Aftershave Lotion, Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel
Scent: Floris No 89 EdT

Sublime.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
50691B59-3BFD-4522-943A-A012BD92F79C.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10066.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Green Tub.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Pakistan: Razor Blade Treet Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Jovan Musk Cologne.

SOTD: 28th February 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Face Lather
Lather: Derby Shave Stick.
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome. (D1)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /
Gummy Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

The all Indian made razor & blade duo yet again performed wonderfully together resulting in another pleasurable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Tue 28
Cream & Aftershave MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Bali Silvertip
Razor Wade & Butcher Steamship 7/8 Wedge
Good enough lather from this cream whipped up nicely with the plush soft brush. The cream and AS scent+cooling are just splendid! This heavyweight razor's edge is now keener yet softly smooth, thanks to the combination of diamond balsa & Kanayama stroping. 3passes for a dfs-ccs finish...
20230228_151652.jpg

SOTD 28-Feb (Final Day of the Fat)
20230227_102501.jpg

Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: MWF
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Schick TC SS (1)

Cracking final shave for Day February, the small Colonel whipping up a great lather. I'm looking forward to changing it up a bit but the fat has been brilliant. Cannot argue with the performance (dud exception).

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom