3CFA8055-000B-4B8F-973B-A7B643DF8B13.jpeg

4 March, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Timor
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Gentleman's Nod: Musashi ( C4 )
Fragrance: Almeria by Loumari

a stunning shave today. the Weber/Timor is a really nice combo, and Musashi is just fantastic in every department, with a wonderful spicy fragrance. Wonderful.

I see a little Jermyn Street in your future 😁😏

Have a wonderful time there. I will be visiting London next month.
Funny enough, we had to fly out early due to a snowstorm (think the movie Home Alone!) and I need a haircut badly and my son needs some beard grooming. Any recommendations? TOBS? Anything else?

Cheers,

Brent

View attachment 1615040
Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
B&B 2022 Contributors Brush by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Ti++
Blade
Personna Medical Prep blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today’s brush is another brush by Rudy Vey: the 2022 contributors brush. This brush has a beautiful blue handle and is one fine brush. The Henson/Personna blade combo is on its 2nd use. The MdC is on its 33rd use and going strong. The Proraso ASB is on its last legs but still works great. Another nice shave. Have a great day and weekend, folks.
Fantastic setup, ackvil! Enjoy!

Funny enough, we had to fly out early due to a snowstorm (think the movie Home Alone!) and I need a haircut badly and my son needs some beard grooming. Any recommendations? TOBS? Anything else?

Cheers,

Brent
Brent, Truefitt & Hill have their flagship barbershop there I believe (St James Street). Luxurious man pampering.

DR Harris is across the street. TOBS is a classic of course. I am personally not too fond of their Sandalwood, but scents are super personal.

SOTD 20230304
Prep: Razorock pre bsrba
Bowl: Thirsty Badger
Brush: Voigt & Cop Mammouth VC02
Soap: Declaration Grooming Sellout
Razor: WR1 0.94 TI WRH4
Blade: Gillette Platinum
AS: Mondial Antica Barberia

proxy.php

Best Regards
Marco

A5C5B8BB-971D-4FFA-BE5B-E2DE8D317B99.jpeg

1271DA5B-AE94-492C-B0BC-059CE88A6E7B.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Masamune Ti
Razor: Tatara Masamune Nodachi Ti
Blade: Gillette Platinum (d4)

Soap: Hendrix Classics & Company Canadian Mafia Le Mafioso
Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman (original)

I just had to do it. I had to do a comparison between the Masamune and the Masamune Nodachi. Seeing as the Nodachi is on loan to me and my time with it is just about up. I would regret having not done a straight-up, side-by-side comparison shave. So, here it is...

To keep things equal I used the same blade, swapping razors between uses. I used the Masamune on my right side and the Masamune Nodachi on the left. I made this choice as my left side has just a bit more tough hair to shave. I figured I'd give the more aggressive razor the slightly tougher side.

My soap choice of the day was HC&C'S Canadian Mafia Le Mafioso. This is a beautiful duplicate of Le Male Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier, which was released in 2020. It has top note of cardamom, middle notes of lavender and iris and base notes of vanilla, with some oriental and woodsy notes mixed in.

Let me just say that this soap smells great! It's very alluring and has a premium feel to it. I'll definitely be adding a full size of this to me repertoire. It's just that good!

In total I did a three-pass shave with the end result being bbs on both sides. In all honesty, each razor wasn't that different from the other. Both are very efficient and very smooth. Maybe that's just the titanium talking. I will say though that the Masamune Nodachi does have a touch more blade feel and is therefore a bit quicker at achieving said bbs. It's also noticeably heavier.

In conclusion, both Tatara razors, the HC&C soap, followed by the Clubman after all came together in perfect harmony to provide me a fantastic shave. I genuinely recommend all of the gear that I used.

Well, that's it. I hope you enjoyed reading. Happy Saturday everyone and enjoy your shaves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom