What's new

๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿฅƒ๐ŸŽธ๐Ÿบ๐ŸŽฌ๐Ÿ”ช โ€œSOTD - B&B Subforums! Theme Weekโ€ January 24, 2022 to January 30th, 2022 ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿฅƒ๐ŸŽธ๐Ÿบ๐ŸŽฌ๐Ÿ”ช

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/26/22
RazoRock Tobacco #2
Zenith B16
Schick Eversharp Type G Injector Razor
Ted Pella Injector Blade (5)
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Art of Shaving Kingsman Bourbon Balm
Banana Republic Cordovan
SOTD1-26.22.jpg

1/27/22
Green Mountain Soap Co. Spiced Rum
Muhle 31K 256 Silver Tip Fiber
11/16 Opinel
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Haslinger Sandalwood Balm
Dolce & Gabbana The One
SOTD1-27-22.jpg

1/28/22
Green Mountain Soap Co. Balsam Spice
Vie-Long 13052
Schick Eversharp Type G Injector Razor
Ted Pella Injector Blade (6)
Omega Alum Stick
Old Spice
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Montblanc Individuel
SOTD1-28-22.jpg

1/30/22
Nobel Otter Plunder
Shavemac Custom Silver Tip
11/16 J.A. Henckels #415
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Old Spice
Haslinger Sandalwood Balm
Banana Republic Cordovan
SOTD1-30-22.jpg
ย 
Sunday SOTD- two passes DFS+, a fresh Treet Dura Sharp resulted in an excellent shave:

Pre-shave: a nice relaxing shower and some soap bloom water
Razors: Maxwell June twinned DE
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (1) these blades seem to be amongst the best of the Treet carbons; the first strokes were a bit rough but smoothed out quickly
Brush: Rein Dachs Klassik 20mm badger
Soap: MWF- this puck really cured over time and shrunk, but the shave ended up very good; I did have some dissipating lather at first, but more load and a little more water did the trick
Post-shave: cold rinse, did an alum rub today and felt it some, then some Weleda ASB, face is now feeling great

Before all the recent artisan offerings, the Fat gave amongst the best post-shaves for me; it's fun to be using it again despite the fact that it's trickier to lather.

Enjoy and stay safe all!

PXL_20220130_174928054.MP_2.jpg
ย 
SOTD - Gillette Weekend - Sunday Afternoon Jan 30, 2022

Razor:
King C. Gillette - mild but efficient razor, good heft, slippery handle
Blade: GSB (5) - gillette russian blades excel
Brush: Frank Shaving G4 Synthetic 26mm - comfortable handle, dense high backbone, lather monster
Pre-Shave: Trader Joe's Cream Shave - super slick, excellent glide & great value
Soap: Cella - cella-a-a-a-a-! love the scent & performance
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave A/S Splash Gillette A/S Gel Sensitive Skin - good combo
Growth: 63 hours
Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG
Rating: 9.7/10

Results: Relaxing close, comfortable shave with one of my favorite shaving soaps, Cella. The Italian classic lathers easily producing stable, slick, moist lather. Smells great. Very good post shave feel. Top performer. DFS result. Very good shave.

IMG_20220130_122530838.jpg
ย 
Last nightโ€™s shave.

My old Fender Jazz turns 50 this year. I can only imagine how many smoky bars this guy has seen!

- Brush: Elite Larimar stone HMW
- Razor: Wolfman WR1 0.74
- Blade: Wizamet (2)
- Soap: Body Shop Maca & Aloe cream
- Aftershave: Body Shop Maca & Aloe balm
- Scent: Prada Luna Rossa Carbon EDT

8F267DAA-37B0-4491-8FFB-E13BD7201618.png
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, Jan 31st 2022

Razor: Gem junior Parade 1912 with baton handle-Mfg 1943 variant, excellent mid range, easy carefree shave, baton tapered handle is a very comfortable handle and a joy to use this model.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum, nice mild Bayrum scent(old version) + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot, 1st brush I bought from Yaqi and loved it from day 1 of use(2.5 yrs ago), Great lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel soap cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs+ no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Gem jr Parade with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD Jan 31th 2022 2nd.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Hey Steve
Whatโ€™s your take on that copper bowl? It looks awesome and Iโ€™m seriously considering purchasing one . Is it the larger bowl?
Sorry for the late reply. The bowl is the Obsidian version. It is the heavier copper but I am not aware of size differences. Honestly, I have been using a scuttle almost exclusively for the last few years and love it. This bowl is better. I received it for Christmas and have used it almost every day since. The surface is just rough enough to build a great lather and the Captain's Choice symbol is a great place to put your thumb and grab the bowl. The copper heats up nice and it is just a pleasure to use. I highly recommend it.
ย 
Sorry for the late reply. The bowl is the Obsidian version. It is the heavier copper but I am not aware of size differences. Honestly, I have been using a scuttle almost exclusively for the last few years and love it. This bowl is better. I received it for Christmas and have used it almost every day since. The surface is just rough enough to build a great lather and the Captain's Choice symbol is a great place to put your thumb and grab the bowl. The copper heats up nice and it is just a pleasure to use. I highly recommend it.
Thank you Steve! I purchased the standard size and it arrived on Thursday! I finally found my Forever home bowl!
602D1F2E-6245-441C-9BA8-AD07B7FF42E2.jpeg
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.