What's new

🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪 “SOTD - B&B Subforums! Theme Week” January 24, 2022 to January 30th, 2022 🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B&Bers!

For this SOTD Theme Week, we want to see your favourite shaving items paired with items that are discussed in other B&B Subforums.

This Theme is an EASY one… Choose another B&B subforum and incorporate that theme into your shots. I.E. Whisky, watches, footwear, pipes or cigars, knives, music, etc. pretty much anything! The more different themes you can incorporate, the more more super amazing soon to be non-worthless likes thou shall receive!

And as usual, if you don’t have anything themed… post pics of your shave or just tell us about it!

As also as usual usual, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

HAVE SOME FUN!

Menthol Monday SOTD
DSC05302 (2).jpg

Razor: Gillette 1970 P-1 Black Beauty
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D1)
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Premium Boar 24mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lavender
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Beaver WoodWright Shiver Me Timber's
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: Krampert’s Frostbite

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
0AA3DB0F-D56A-4CE8-8DF6-1E650A8FAAAE.jpeg

1) England: Brush Vulfix Pure Bristle.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Turkey: Razor Blade Derby Extra.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Mon 24 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Vespers New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Karve Brass OC-D New 1st Use
Blade BiC Chrome Platinum 1st
Aftershaves + Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + B&M Vespers Balm
Been wanting this soap for a long time and it's finally arrived. Wow...good strong scent, is it cranberries?? The lather is rich, creamy, and slick...
Been wanting this OC-D base plate for a long time too...and it did not disappoint. Paired with the blade, the shave was crisply smooth...comfortable & efficient. 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. The matching aftershave balm is very nice...
20220124_144027.jpg

RAZOR: Muhle R89 Rosegold
BRUSH: Simpson Trafalgar T3
SOAP: Pre de Provence 63
BLADE: Personna Platinum 3rd use
POST SHAVE: Cold water rinse followed by the alum block, another cold water rinse followed by Thayers witch hazel and Nivea aftershave balm
FRAGRANCE: Azzaro Wanted by Night
20220123_175917.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
B&M Leviathan
Brush
Paladin El Dorado
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
ATT s-1
Blade
Polsilver Super Iridium
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the third shave with the ATT S-1 and Polsilver Super Iridium blade. Today starts a week with a new soap: B&M Leviathan. Much to my surprise, this soap has a very mild scent. Some say it has a coffee scent but neither my wife nor I found that. Nevertheless, performance-wise, it provided a decent lather. A perfect shave. Have a good one folks.

SOD Monday January 24, 2022
Music and Comics are two things I enjoy. One of my favorite artists happens to be fantastic at both! I've seen her live at Town Hall in Buffalo and the Danforth Music Hall in Toronto. Both are excellent venues for up close and personal concert experiences!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Fendrihan
Pre shave: None
Lather: Proraso Blue (36)
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Proraso Blue Dopobarba
Have a great day!

IMG_8717.jpg

SOTD #024/2022
24-Jan-2022

I'm not active in the subforums, however I'll follow up with a wine theme. I won't open all these bottles in course of the week... #don't drink and shave 😉 But it'll be fun though to show you some nice bottles of my favourite white wine grape aka the king of the hill... 😜 Here's on of them...
20220124_125445-01.jpeg

I start out this week's log with an effortless & easy two pass shave with a lovely smooth razor/blade combo (free of nicks, almost bbs all over.). I chose a steep angle and focused the audible feedback the razor provided. The .95 Lupo really did an amazing job on my skin.

Though I won't open every bottle: this one made its way into the fridge immediately. We'll meet this evening.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Yesterday was
SUNDAY
23 January 2022

______

Razor: RR"Lupo" 72
Blade:
Astra blue

Gel: Elegance Plus "Jupiter"

Balm: CeraVe "Moisturizing Lotion"
Frag: Lalique "Encre Noire"

Had a week's worth of whiskers
to whack, yet, procrastinator
that I am, had little time to do it.

So I got out my gel (I have a two
liter jug of the stuff) and slathered
it on.

One WTG pass got me down to
where I could manage a
productive ATG pass.

Got a good shave. Not a great one.
Could have spent more time on my
neck, but such is life.

Looking forward to a really great
shave today, though--this time with
a brush and some proper lather.

Stay healthy,

Bill

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Jan 24th 2020, ASR=AmericanSafetyRazor shave this morning.

Razor: Star Bar #4- Mfg 1919-20, excellent tame mid range, so easy to get a BBS with this razor with a new blade. Just a great audio feed back carefree shave this morning, It does not get much better IMO. Could be last model of lather catcher Star MFG!?
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice light tobacco & Vanilla scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 22 mm Sagrada Familia 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great painter. One of my favorite 2 band badgers, nice size and face feel.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD Jan 24, 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom