What's new

๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿฅƒ๐ŸŽธ๐Ÿบ๐ŸŽฌ๐Ÿ”ช โ€œSOTD - B&B Subforums! Theme Weekโ€ February 13,2023 to February 19th, 2023 ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿฅƒ๐ŸŽธ๐Ÿบ๐ŸŽฌ๐Ÿ”ช

Status
Not open for further replies.
1676723195443.png
ย 

SOTD: 18th February 2023.

9.jpg

โ€‹
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving soap.
Razor: Merkur 37C Slant. (Face) - Statum Platinum Chrome. (D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D3)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT.

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Maiden shave with the Statum Platinum Chrome, another blade that was kindly sent to me by a fellow member of TSR forum (UK), along with the Ninja Stainless.

The verdict?..WOW! The Statum Platinum Chrome are excellent, which my mature rhino skin type liked and paired together with the dependable Merkur 37C slant wonderfully. The characteristics of the SPC feel like an hybrid of the Treet 7 Days Platinum/Dorco prime platinum the smoothness of the Dorco PP with the assertiveness of the Treet TDP.

Another wonderfully smooth efficient blade that I've instantly liked after the first shave.

They have made an instant good impression on me, that i will be breaking my "No Buy Shaving Restraint" and place an order for some later today on Ebay as a very early birthday present to myself. Another fantastic sub-continent blade which will be added to my increasingly growing sub-continent DE blade collection.

I will pair them together with my other razors in future shaves to see if I get the same results I've had with my 37C slant shaving results.

After the first pass with them i knew they were suited to my skin type, feeling smooth & efficient.

I tend to like platinum, chrome, & teflon coated blades as I tend to find after the first shave they feel noticeably smoother. However, this could also be yours truly familiarizing to the blade in question.

I've done some research on Platinum/Chrome coated blades and it states that Chrome blades have less chromium in them than Stainless Steel blades, but since i personally only I'm using the blades for a 2-4 shaves max it doesn't make a huge difference since neither of them is going to rust in a short space of time.

As always, wet shaving soft/hardware is always a very subjective topic. YMMV.

A close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

โ€‹
ย 
Sat 18
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment De La Vie
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Aftershave Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Nice enough lather from the soap & brush combination. Smell nice and slick enough...
Thanks to diamond-pasted balsa (and Kanayama), this razor's edge is buttery soft smoothness and very keen. The shave from it is just awesome, beating some of my more illustrious razors. 3 efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230218_175808.jpg
ย 
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
B&B Essential Boar, Sue Version
Bowl
Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Medical Prep blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the 28th shave with MdC. Today I am back to a synthetic brush: the large Maggards 28mm Synstshetic. The brush is huge and produces enough lather for my face and head shave. I am sticking to the Timeless/Med Prep combo for the 4th shave in a row. A nice, close, BBS shave. Have a good one, folks.
ย 
Saturday February 18, 2023
Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal
Razor: Henson Ti22 V2 +
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Evening: A dram featuring one of my favorite Islay Malts.
IMG_2464.jpg
ย 
18 February, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S โ€“ #3
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Gentlemanโ€™s Nod: Zaharoff Signature Leather Tabac ( C4 )
Fragrance: Zaharoff Signature Leather Tabac.. well, what else?

1st time with the Platinum, and although I ended up with a terrific shave, I was a little disappointed in the fact that it didn't come across as smooth as I anticipated.. 1st pass was quite tuggy, but it settled down as I got into the shave.. time will tell with that one.. maybe needs corking before 1st use. We shall see.
The Nod is exemplary in its performance, and the fact that they got the scent spot on is worthy of much applause.
Yeah, a great shave, with only a minor issue...
ย 
GEM MMOC
GEM Personna coated blade- 4th
Proraso red pre shave lotion
TOBS Sandlewood
Stirling Executive Man Glacial AS
Topped off with Nivea Balm

In keeping with the show your other stuff themeโ€ฆ.

I tamed the beast-
Early on, I feared the $10 EBay GEM MMOC, but now that Iโ€™ve been wet shaving 10 months itโ€™s my favorite razor for 2.5-3 days growth.

In keeping with the include your other stuff theme, these are my โ€œfavorite thingsโ€. I stuck with pocket/wear items.

Omega auto chronograph Iโ€™ve worn daily since summer of โ€˜04.
Carbocage carbon fiber key organizer- super light and slim for multiple keys- Nite Ize mini carbiners
Olight usb rechargeable mini light (these make awesome inexpensive gifts as they are really bright) on the keychain, Along with a hollowed out Buffalo nickel that has been in my keychains since 2003. Fisher space pen my sister gave me about three decades ago- recently retrieved from a drawer when I ordered a new cap from Fisher for $8 when I ordered another engraved pen for my son. I jokingly requested a new Gray Raptor (I was referencing the truck) for Christmas and my wife and son lovingly did the best they could for a stocking stuffer considering family budget restraints, so thatโ€™s the source of my razor holder. Being a Texan, yes there are other โ€œedcโ€ items not posted or pictures here.
ย 

Attachments

• 3F991664-3B36-434D-88BF-A34AE8FB1955.jpeg
    3F991664-3B36-434D-88BF-A34AE8FB1955.jpeg
    1 MB ยท Views: 11

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, February 18th 2023

Razor : Razorock game changer.84 with RR radio knob handle- Mfg 2018>, mild to tame mid range, well built from 316 SS with great machining and finish QC. Very enjoyable shaving, I also like to use a KAI SS blade for more blade feel and works great.
Blade : Kai SS (2) sharp & Smooth with excellent longevity. This blade works well with mild razors that need a boost in performance.
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat, great classic, great lather qualities + nice very mild clean scent. Makes also excellent ubber lather.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 26mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber, great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Irish Country side with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 2 weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai SS blade.
SOTD Feburary 18 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
SOTD February 18th
GRUME February 2023
Fruity February
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends!

Today we celebrate the first day of Carnival, this Roman festivity that Brazilians mixed with Portuguese, African and indigenous culture and created this wonderful melting pot that exists around here.

For this day, I chose for shaving a German razor, a Japanese blade, a Portuguese brush, a Turkish soap, a Brazilian alum block and an American AS. I participated in this trip along with my great friends Ben and Coleman.

Have a happy day and great shave!
โค๏ธ ๐Ÿช’

85176CD7-53EE-4D63-BCD5-297C0557590A.jpeg
F0FAF155-FC0F-41AF-AA67-C72D4BEE6BCE.jpeg
ย 
20230217_085719.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1938 Senator
Blade: Gillette King C. Gillette Platinum
Brush: Teton Shaves Zen Series, Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash