What's new

🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪 “SOTD - B&B Subforums! Theme Week” February 13,2023 to February 19th, 2023 🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B&Bers… One of my favourite themes this week!

For this SOTD Theme Week, we want to see your favourite shaving items paired with items that are discussed in other B&B Subforums.

This Theme is an EASY one… Choose another B&B subforum and incorporate that theme into your shots. I.E. Whisky, sports, watches, footwear, pipes or cigars, knives, music, etc. pretty much anything! The more different themes you can incorporate, the more impressed your B&B friends will be!

And as usual, if you don’t have anything themed… post pics of your shave or just tell us about it!

As also as usual usual, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

HAVE SOME FUN THIS WEEK!

Menthol Monday SOTD
[Image: EJasGIr.jpg]

Razor: Osgar 862 5/8 Full Hollow
Brush: Antiga Barbearia Boar 23mm
Bowl: Olivewood 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
CAC137DF-B95E-40C9-8F32-6BA415CFD29C.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Pakistan: Razor Blade Treet Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Mon 13
Soap & Aftershave Lothur Dave
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Henkotsu Kamisori
Today's lather whip-up by the excellent brush was fabulously rich, creamy, and very slick! The soap & matching splash scent is light but pleasant.
Today's shave with this razor freshly finished on the new hard black Arkansas with just water (dressed on 800 grit SiC). The edge was very comfortable and keener compared to the last use. It's been a while since this razor felt so good. I guess what's been said about the ark is true but I need to try it out more. 3 passes for a dfs-sas result...
20230213_124755.jpg

13 February, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Soap: Macduffs Soap Co: Winter Cabin

what started with a luscious, glossy, well hydrated lather, turned into a nightmare, simply because I couldn't be bothered to fit a fresh blade... pretty much kicking myself right now, what a chump!

Monday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Shea Moisture Black Badger
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Humphrey’s Cucumber Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Anthony All Purpose Facial Moisturizer

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Rooney 1/3 Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SS SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Medical Prep blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the 23rd shave with MdC. Today’s brush today is the only Rooney Brush I own. It is a silvertip, 1/3. The brush is dense and makes some nice lather. I’m sorry I never bought another Rooney brush. The Wolfman/Med Prep combo is on its third use. The razor is on the heavy side and letting the weight of the razor work wonders is an easy task. Another perfect shave. Have a great day and week.

Pre-shave oil: Zirh "Prepare"
Brush: DS Cosmetic "Neon"
Lather: The Obsessive Soap Perfectionist "Lemon & Cedarwood"
Razor: 1930s Gillette "The New" (revamped by Delta Echo Razors)
Blade: Gillette "Nacet"
Witch hazel: Thayers "Original"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Sir Irisch Moos
Face cream: Dove Men+ Care "Ultra Hydra"

2023-02-13.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MicroMaticMonday, February 13th 2023

Razor : Gem Damaskeene 1912 open comb, OC version 1912-15, excellent tame mid range with a new blade, well designed and built to last many generations. Star & Gem where leaders of safety razors( sort of like cell phone craze today) in the early 1900 rds. Lots of folks where changing from straight razors to safety razors and these company's where a head of the pack of Manufactures for that time period(Gillette did not even excess yet). Star brand was the first major Safety razor Mfg in the USA & world making lather catcher razors, the first safety razor introduced.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Proraso Red(Sandalwood) nice scent of sandalwood and other unknown ingredients with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "(Ferrari) 24mm boar bristle(bleached), Excellent lather generator, cloud like split end bristle hairs, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. This brush when bought new was noted for hair loss and breakage(discounted price) but turned out to be the best boar I have used so far when hair loss stopped for face feel out of my 5 different boar brushes.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Proraso red with witch hazel + a dollop of Geo F Trumper Sandal wood face food balm.
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gem 1912 with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD Feburary 13 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom