What's new

🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪 🏒 “SOTD - B&B Subforum Theme Week” September 12th, 2022 to September 18th, 2022 🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Leaf Shaving Twig
Blade: Rapira (2)
Brush: Omega 10005
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Soap: Cooper & French Black Tie
Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter

4B480617-54E9-4615-B70C-EA592FC4A972.jpeg

3C3BCEA3-3D8A-4797-9F5B-4484A53A8C48.jpeg

B&B Subforum Week / SEptember - Stirling September

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 (face wash)

Blade: sChick Injector
Razor: Eversharp-Schick G1 (1946-1949)

Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze (synthetic)
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Light-Ish Red

Post 1: P.A.A Alum w/ dry dock system
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Light-Ish Red
Finish: Stirling Soap Co. Light-Ish Red EdT

In honor of the Los Angeles Dodgers winning last night's game and becoming the National League West champions (with a current record of 98 wins and 43 losses), winning the division in the quickest the team has ever done it in franchise history, at game 141 games, I decided to take on a new challenge thinking of the challenge they just overcame.

The Dodgers have won their division 9 out of the last 10 years, only missing out last year due to finishing the season one game behind the San Francisco Giants but having the most wins ever at 106, of any MLB team that failed to win its division or league. 106 is also the franchise record.

With all that said, I took on the challenge of using a razor I had never used before. The Eversharp-Schick G1 Injector Razor.

I have a few injector razors (including a Type C) but had never really thought about using them until I caught wind of the Single-Edge September event. If you follow the "What are you unpacking..." thread you'll know that I recently picked up a four pack of sChick blades in preparation for this month's event.

The razor needed a good cleaning as it's super old and had a very rusty razor left in it for who knows how long.

With a new blade and some amazing preshave/shaving soap, I went to work. I immediately noticed the quality and smoothness of this razor. The performance of the injector blade was outstanding and the nimbleness of the razor overall was just amazing. I've never had such an easy time getting a bbs shave than with this razor. It's, in my opinion, like a vintage Henson. A full on autopilot razor.

I can't tell you how much fun I had using this G1. I've seriously fallen in love with this razor.

With three passes, including going full on against the grain on my upper lip (which I rarely do), I achieved a beautiful bbs shave.

Now all I can think about is finding the box that has the rest of my razor collection including a Type C and Type E.

Long story short. I rose to the occasion like my favorite baseball team did and came out a champion. 😉

P.S. If you haven't used one of these razors, do yourself a favor and pick one up. Oh and I think it would also make for a great travel razor. I'll be using this when traveling from now on.

Shave on gentlemen!

Thu 15 SOTD
Soap Lothur Dave
Brush Yaqi 24mm Robin Clear Handle
Razor Ribbon 1000
Aftershave Lothur Dave Splash
Beautiful lather from the soap! The scent from the soap and matching splash is nice but abit mild...
A nice shave with this razor. Smooth and comfortable enough in 2.5passes for a sas finish
20220915_103607.jpg

SOTD: 15th September 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Face Lather.
Lather: Wickham 1912 Irish Fern. (Sample)
Blade: Dorco Titan. (D1)
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89. (Kelvin)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture. / Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Another very acceptable shave to finish my shaving week off in style.

The Wickham 1912 Irish fern soap like the classic 24 soap sample is a joy to shave with...The Wickham's soap's i have sampled are the best scented soap's that I've had the pleasure of trying to date. Adding to that they also provide a wonderful slick protective lather using only a small amount to create enough lather for the full shave leaving a great post shave feel.

I have enough of the 1912 Irish Fern sample left for one more outing to finish which i will use in a future shave.

The Dorco Titan was another great match with the Edwin Jagger DE 89 making a smooth efficient duo.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick- ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool & smelling divine. 😉

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. 😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
8C0CB59C-D95F-4EDA-816F-D33A32EF14FA.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Derby Shaving Soap.
3) USA: Razor Star De safety razor.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Astra SP.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Blue Cologne.
8) Japan: Watch Seiko Chronograph.

Shave sponsored by PAA. First shave with one of their soaps. WOW! Lathers like crazy, scent of this is very nice. Aerolite May be the brush I’ve been looking for! So soft, splays well, but not floppy.*

I am saying "sponsored by" tongue in cheek, not sure if that came through clearly. PAA didn't send me this stuff for free. Just used 2 of their products on this shave, both of which are wonderful, IMHO. cheers

Attachments

• 3EA44220-83C7-4A3C-82EA-908A9C4ED358.jpeg
    3EA44220-83C7-4A3C-82EA-908A9C4ED358.jpeg
    759.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom