What's new

SOTD "Artisinal Shave Soap" Theme Week 26 January to 1 February 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
lindyhop66 and sarimento1, is it Revisor Sunday?

Are both of your Revisors from today modern ones or are either of them vintage?

How do each of you like them?

The favorable exchange rates are stimulating temptation and lowering resistance.

Nice pics, as always, from both of you fellows.

That 8/8 looks massive.

Sunday morning:

P/S: Proraso White
Razor: Matador "El Gordo Negro" Gold
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
Soap: Mike's Coconut
Brush: WD 24mm Silvertip
A/S: Pinaud Clubman
ASB: RS

I received my Maggard Limes & Bergamot sample yesterday (GREAT customer service BTW), and I'm giving it an A+ for scent, and and straight A's in all other categories. First, the scent is unique: fresh, clean, and citrusy, with no synthetic-type aromas at all. It lathered up perfectly, even with our Arizona hard water, and displayed excellent slickness, cushion, and post-shave face-feel. A very good value, IMHO.

$SOTD 020115.jpg

Maggard Limes & Bergamot | Semogue SOC Badger | RazoRock SLAB | Vintage UK Wilkinson (3)
Fine Platinum | Versace L'Homme

Great photos, gentlemen! Enjoy your Sunday! :thumbup:

Mike (SRNewb)
Guy
Soren
Antonello
Jeff (interesting razor)
Bobcat
larry35967
Bob (nice to see a photo from you!)
:thumbup:
Mark
Robk
Clint64 (welcome to the SOTD!)
:thumbup:
sarimento
eezee
Cash
Michael
Dave
lindyhop
Michael (aspirin54)
Paco Galan
Chris
PR1977

Last edited:
Whoops, I forgot to post yesterday...
A quick face-lather 1-Pass with Strop Shoppe Baker Street Tallow SE, which has great performance across the board (ease-of-lathering, cushion, glide, etc.), but I'm just not crazy about the scent. Of course, YMMV...
:laugh:

$SOTD 013115.jpg

Strop Shoppe Baker Street Tallow SE | Schick "G" Injector | Personna Super Platinum (3) | Plisson Synthetic
Fine American Blend

Last edited:
Oil Floyd / Filarmonica Double Temple / Omega 31052 / Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatic / Joint / Old Spice Champion and Shea Butter Balm Institut

proxy.php

Thank you Dave & Celestino!
With a new razor and blades in, brush coming again, and some picture loading and editing knowledge passed from RobK to me which was passed from Sarimento, SOTD will become even more of an enjoyment. Again thank you Gentlemen :thumbup1:

Looks like I'm copying skypsyd today.
Double Fat February has begun.
Gillette Fatboy w/red IP (1)
MWF
Omega Barber Pole brush
AoS Lavender post-balm
Click here to view quoted image.

I received my Maggard Limes & Bergamot sample yesterday (GREAT customer service BTW), and I'm giving it an A+ for scent, and and straight A's in all other categories. First, the scent is unique: fresh, clean, and citrusy, with no synthetic-type aromas at all. It lathered up perfectly, even with our Arizona hard water, and displayed excellent slickness, cushion, and post-shave face-feel. A very good value, IMHO.

Maggard Limes & Bergamot | Semogue SOC Badger | RazoRock SLAB | Vintage UK Wilkinson (3)
Fine Platinum | Versace L'Homme

Whoops, I forgot to post yesterday...
A quick face-lather 1-Pass with Strop Shoppe Baker Street Tallow SE, which has great performance across the board (ease-of-lathering, cushion, glide, etc.), but I'm just not crazy about the scent. Of course, YMMV...
:laugh:

Strop Shoppe Baker Street Tallow SE | Schick "G" Injector | Personna Super Platinum (3) | Plisson Synthetic
Fine American Blend

Oil Floyd / Filarmonica Double Temple / Omega 31052 / Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatic / Joint / Old Spice Champion and Shea Butter Balm Institut

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAC34/z9qGNJeiMhg/w1358-h764-no/DSC01319.JPG

More great shots Gents.

SOTD 2-1-15

Pre: Noxema
Brush: Ever-Ready 150 Reknot
Soap: Mystic Water Jasmine
Razor: Holley Mfg. Co.
Post: Fine American Blend, St. James of London Black Pepper & Lime

$image.jpg

Great at pics again today Gents!! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom