What's new

🧼 🪒 SOTD "ARTISAN SOAP/CREAM WEEK" April 10th - April 16th, 2023 🧼 🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
29B025D2-9C42-4BFB-8CA7-E121F14D0D43.jpeg

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: ATT Aluminum Bamboo SE1
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (D7)
Brush: Grizzly Bay w Oumo SHD Manchurian 27mm
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Kaizen

SOTD: 16th April 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia.
Face Lather.
Lather: Phoenix & Beau Star Noir Shaving Soap.
Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Weishi 2.0 Adjustable. (Settings) wtg/xtg 5, atg + pick-ups 6.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Dana English Leather ASL. / Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

It's been a while since i last used the Weishi 2.0 Adjustable...I find the higher setting are more suited to my skin type. I have an array of in-expensive Chinese clone razors which all provide me with socially acceptable shaves.

The Weishi 2.0 Adjustable/ Silver Star was another smooth efficient combo...The Weishi Adjustable performance on the higher settings gives a superb efficient comfortable shave.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
ADD3538D-F6DC-4012-A3E9-4628B5F3CEF0.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horeshair.
2) USA: Shaving Soap OZ Shaving Tik Tok Tobacco and Coffee Shaving Soap.
3) USA: Razor Gillette G3 Fatboy.
4) India: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm The Stray Whisker After Balm.
7) USA: EDT Calvin Klein Euphoria For Men Cologne.

Sunday, April 16, 2023.

Geo F Trumper, Skin food limes pre shave. Castle Forbes, lime: Shaving cream & Balm aftershave. Vie-Long 15094, synthetic hair, green resin lampshade. Otto Deutsch & Sohne: Hans, carbon steel 11/16, Solingen. Taylor of Old Bond Street: Victorian limes, EdT.

18A8BDD8-5496-4131-8B34-B6FE5B807FDB.jpeg

SOTD 16-Apr
20230414_171424.jpg

Brush: Highlander M7 Style
Soap: A&E Emerald Moss
Razor: Friodur 17

Cracking finish today, nice smooth and drama free shave.

The Emerald Moss was a risky one, based on Sir Irisch Moos, just in general the scent description tells me it isn't my norm but thought I'd branch out. This wasn't helped with the smell off the puck, it just didn't grab me and I almost popped it aside to potentially to go to BST. However thought sod it, I'll give it a bash. Glad I did, as soon as I started to load and lather it improves immeasurably. It was actually very very pleasant, and as a bonus the Mrs actually commented saying that she liked it.

So a game of two halves, ultimately ending a victory, so happy days. I'm on a roll with these acquisitions, we'll see how the Black fairs when I get around to that one.

Hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

Sun 16
Soap & Aftershave Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Marshes & Shepherd Ponds Works, Sheffield
Superb soap with a rich creamy and very slick lather
The razor is just awesome. Enjoyed the crisply smooth and comfortable edge in 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230416_195928.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Paladin El Dorado
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WRS SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is my second shave in a row with the Wolfman WR 2 SB 1.05 paired with a Personna Medical Prep blade. That combo resulted in another close shave. However, it could have been a disaster. I did not seat the blade properly when I cleaned the razor yesterday and the gap between the head and cap was huge. The first stroke was harsh so I put on my glasses and saw my error. I reseated the blade and all was well. The brush today is one of my favorites: a Paladin El Dorado. As always the brush had an easy time loading the soap and making a rich, slick lather. MdC is on its 76th use. A perfect shave. Have a good one, folks.

Sunday
Preshave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ / King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette 1940s SuperSpeed
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Shea Moisture Black Badger
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel /Alum
Balm: Stirling Piacenza

16 April, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Lother: Black
Fragrance: Tabac Vert by Rogue Perfumery

a sublime shave, and although Loumari Saja would have been a lovely match to the scent, I'm just loving Tabac Vert. So, I'm totally content on this Sunday afternoon.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday injector shave, April 16th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur 50mm AC with a Yaqi Milano polished handle- Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range, simple designed clamping design of blade, small head parts (best to assemble under wash cloth), I find this razor gives me nice shaves 95%> of the time with no skin issues or drama. Excellent shave this morning .
Blade : Schick proline P30 50mm blade(1) , sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Good match with this razor for myself.
Soap : Razorock The Dead Sea croap- nice unique scent that is wonderful + excellent lather qualities. On to my 2nd glass tub.
Brush : Yaqi "Aqua" 24mm HM Silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, soft pillow like tips, nice splay scrubber(reminds me of a boar brush sometimes), excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock The dead Sea with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur 50mm with a Schick proline p30 blade.
SOTD April 16 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom