Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD 14-Apr
View attachment 1637810
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: CG Gen 1 Lvl 3
Blade: Schick TC SS (1)

Forewarning, I'm crap with describing and picking up on scents...

On a bit of a tobacco kick at the moment, I've enjoyed all the tobacco scents I've tried amongst them being Cognac & Cuban, Full Measure of Man, and the more subtle Novelist. Sadly the Mrs can't stomach the more in your face scents so that kicked out C&C (it was the strength on this one not the scent itself) and FMOM but she loved The Novelist. So I've gone down the slightly more toned down route picking up Haverford, Vanille de Tabac and this Tobacco Road.

This one for me sits somewhere between Haverford (a little closer to this) and The Novelist in terms of tobacco pungency. Now I know that word has negative connotations, but I'm using it to differentiate between the likes of FMOM where you're nigh on snorting a tobacco pouch to the other end of the spectrum where you get the subtle waft of the scent on the breeze such as Novelist.

This one is an out and out winner for me, the soap base is very good, easy lather with very good slickness. But with my water, for the most part, I can get a decent enough lather out of a brick. So where this wins me over is the scent, especially from the splash, absolutely stunning and rounds it off nicely. I can't speak to longevity yet but it's been about an hour and it's still hanging in there very well. I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick up the EDP at the same time.

Sorry for the ramble and hope everyone had a grand day!

Cheers

Marc
Nice write up Marc. I'm also very fond of the tobacco scent and appreciate your thoughts.

I do want to make one suggestion and that's to try Dulci Tobacco from Wholly Kaw. It's flippin fantastic! Definitely in your wheel house.

Of the tobacco scented software you've used, would you say that this A&E is your favorite?

Rudy Vey brush with a Frankenstein .68 Timeless razor that just destroyed a week of growth. What an enjoyable session.
501DCB2A-BA06-451F-9478-32C9E07AA300.jpeg

Nice write up Marc. I'm also very fond of the tobacco scent and appreciate your thoughts.

I do want to make one suggestion and that's to try Dulci Tobacco from Wholly Kaw. It's flippin fantastic! Definitely in your wheel house.

Of the tobacco scented software you've used, would you say that this A&E is your favorite?
Cheers, I'm terrible with describing scents, I'm not particularly great at picking out individual scents, but I know what I like

Tricky one really, of the ones that I have that are slightly more forward on the tobacco then I would go for Tobacco Road. I have others that aren't quite so forward but do have it present that if forced I would choose, A&E The Novelist and Gentleman's Nod Ernest, but luckily I don't so I won't lol

Cheers for the suggestion, I'll make a note of that one and get it on my next order from the states!

20230415_085307.jpg

Razor: Schick E1 Deluxe with Black handle
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Becky, Synthetic knot
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

HSOTD 💈🪒
Leaf 🍃 razor with Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp blade.
Alpha Retro Amber G4 brush
SSS Frankincense, Lavender, and Bergamot Soap.
'My Beard' Conditioner and balm.

Super Sunday head shave! This soap punches well above its weight, with a superb scent and slickness. The Gillette blades are probably the smoothest I've used in the Leaf🍃 in positions 1&2. And the Alpha brush is just a pleasure to use and look at.
Happy Shaving 😊

Attachments

• 20230416_183146.jpg
    20230416_183146.jpg
    688.3 KB · Views: 7
04/16/23 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Speakeasy Argan Oil Body Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Son of Honeysuckle Conditioning Shampoo Puck - Summer Seasonal
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements ICE CUBE 2.0 Preshave Soap - Mentholated
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Speakeasy Artisan Shave Soap - A Phoenix Classic!
LØTHUR Grooming She Black Aluminum Custom Shave Brush - 28MM Synthetic G5D Hybrid Knot
AKA Brushworx 3 Pass Shaving Lather Bowl - Eruption Pour
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
2017 Asylum Shave Works Evolution Stainless Steel Black Oxide Razor
Feather New Hi-Stainless Blade - 1st Shave
The Razor Company Grey with Black Trim with Full Blue Logo & Carabiner - Premium Ultra Thick Microfiber Shave Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Speakeasy Artisan Aftershave - A Phoenix Classic!
Løthur Grooming - Daily Hydrating Gel Moisturiser
Ariana & Evans All Natural Deodorant with Himalayan Pink Salt
The Holy Black Secret Stash Lavender Creeper Grease Pomade
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Official Phoenix Shaving Barber's Mat! The Perfect Addition to Your Shave Station!​

A IMG_3155.jpeg

IMG_4771.jpeg

IMG_8458.jpeg

Razor: 195 Gillette "Fat Boy" Adjustable (1959 E2)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (d2)

Soap: Zingari Man Tribe
Brush: Ever Ready 100 (restored w/ synthetic knot)
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer Cooing Blue

After a long day of getting dirty working on my car, I got my hair cut and then shaved. I felt vintage was in order after listening to Breakfast with the Beatles this morning and because it's Vintage April (and Adjustable April for that matter). I also thought some unobtainium fit the bill so I pull out the sample of Zingari Man Tribe shaving soap I got ahold of and my Skin Bracer Cooling Blue aftershave.

Tribe was interesting. Its scent is comprised of sandalwood, amber, light musk, spices, and leather. It's really nice and smooth with its creamy sandalwood opening. The amber and musk sit behind it and add character while the spice and leather sit even further behind rounding out the accord. I thoroughly enjoyed the fragrance and could see myself wearing it all day long if it were available as a cologne.

I don't know which base this soap is but it was very good. I worked it into a lather with my Ever Ready 100 that was very slick and perfectly protective. With my Fatboy on 9, it just glided over my skin thanks to this wonderful soap. Seriously, this was a good lather.

I did three passes and some light buffing to reach that bbs mark keeping the razor set on 9 the entire time.

Once done shaving I splashed on some outstanding Skin Bracer Cooling Blue. This bit of unobtainium is a little hard to describe but I'll say that it's an aquatic that's fresh, masculine, and ever so slightly powdery.

All in all, this was a great shave that really picked me up and put me in a good mood.

Thanks for reading. Take care and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Gillette New LC Rhodium with Timeless Crown Ti Polished (1st time using this handle)

Blade: King C
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Meštar Dišpet
Aftershave: King R Emporium Splash and PAA King R Star Jelly Aftershave (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face)
Bowl: Timeless Bowl (1st time using it)

This is my first time using the Timeless Crown Ti polished handle and also the Timeless bowl. I have not bowl lathered since I first started wet shaving now 9 months ago so I wanted to see how it would go and it went well overall. I still do prefer face lathering than bowl lathering but I'll try it a few times and see how it goes. I do like the Timeless, its depth is really nice as its a deep bowl so lather does not spill over, which I did like.

The Timeless Crown Ti handle was nice to use paired up really well with the New LC, the King C (I really like this blade) just was sharp and smooth from the get go, no tugs at all, none whatsoever.

The Timeless Crown handle, its nice, good grip, good balance the length for me is a touch strange. So if a handle is like 95 mm or like my Black Beauty at 109mm then I have to put the end of my handle on my pinky if its like a handle in the 80s mm then its on the ring finger so 90 mm sometimes I found myself holding the razor with my ring finger then the pinky, back and forth at times, it just happened, sometimes on purpose to see how it goes, other times just without thinking about it. I was hoping this was be a bit more nimble of a handle than a handle with length, the weight is nice, gave a nicer balance with the head being heavier. Overall, I did like the handle but I'll need to try it a few more times to get use to it I think. If it was 85mm, then its on the nimbler side (ring finger), 95mm plus (pinky). I like both the smaller and longer handles, don't get me wrong but I found that a bit different.

My shave overall was terrific. I really do like the everything I used and the PAA King R Aftershave Splash then using the PAA King R Star Jelly is just great. I really like this scent and the post shave feel is so nice to me. I love splashes and I also love PAA Star Jelly aftershave, its just a really great lotion, really great.

Overall, terrific shave on 5 days growth, very happy, no cuts, weepers, nick, irritation. This was a WTG, DTG with touch ups, ATG and I got a DFS+/BBS, very happy with it.

20230416_204615.jpg

SOTD 17-Apr
20230401_123952-01.jpeg

Brush: Chisel & Hound ‘Eyespot’ V18
Soap: Gentleman’s Nod – Ernest
Razor: Lambda – Athena
Blade: Gillette – Rubie (3)

Good shave this morning, at this point in time this is amongst my favourite hardware both Rob and Theo have outdone themselves!

The software front is not so clear cut but this is certainly up there. The citrus making this tobacco more fresh than you might expect.

Excellent finish and smelling great, all ready for my commute to the spare bedroom!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

4/16/23
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
11/16 George Wostenholm "Pipe Razor"
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Nivea Maximum Hydration Balm
Penhaligon's English Fern