What's new

SOTD - “Anglophile Week”. Its British Shaving Week! August 22nd, 2022 to August 28th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 Its Anglophile Week! That means all things British!

Its my turn to take over the SOTD for the week, so I'm going British! We want to see all of your "Made in England" stuff! Show us your RFB's, Rockets, Brit Aristocrats, TOBS, Simpsons, Mitchell's Wool Fat and so on! Lets see some Hybrid Techs too! Tell us why you love British shaving stuff!

If you don’t have anything British, post a pic of your usual SOTD with something English in the photo! Many of us have at least a couple of British shaving items, so this should be an easy one to stay on theme!

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory, but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but very strongly encouraged.

Let’s see some English shaves!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Let me start things off. Its a little early i know. Today's shave features a lovely English Spiral Tech. This is a later model with the set-in Gillette logo in the cap. Its got an interesting Aluminum handle. Not a glamorous razor, but it sure does get the job done. The KCG blade (1) is an excellent match for this razor.

The shave stick is the Code Zero soap from the King of Shaves, who is based in England as well. This soap is a great performer, with an awesome English Barber Shop scent. The stick comes with a refillable metal push up stick container that looks smart, and feels great in the hand when lathering. Too bad that whole Code Zero thing never got off the ground. It was all part of a global effort to promote reusable packaging to minimize waste.

The shave is rounded out by an STF 23 mm and some Clubman, this was a great shave.

2022-08-21 06.50.16.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Interesting, Brad... two of my razors were manufactured in England... another one was designed in Scotland but manufactured in Hong Kong.... would it qualify? I did buy it from Scotland, if that matters.

Monday SOTD
[Image: 2U8flyJ.jpg]

Razor: 1946/1947 Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Tomac Super Stainless Steel (D1)
Brush: Oscar11 Aqua\White SOC Boar
Bowl: Turkish Porcelain Bowl 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: Mickey Lee Lime
Shave Soap: CRSW Select Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Extro Bay Rum Artigianale

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Interesting, Brad... two of my razors were manufactured in England... another one was designed in Scotland but manufactured in Hong Kong.... would it qualify? I did buy it from Scotland, if that matters.

We don’t enforce any rules here in this thread about sticking to the theme. If you want to post it, it counts! Enjoy the shaves.

proxy.php

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Acqua Di Parma
Razor: Blutt WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Plus (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Reuzel Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Acqua Di Parma EdC

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
689BF8C6-7E69-43B3-8B66-91D995605D5C.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Arko grated into a puck.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Monday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /Baxter Beard Line Up Shave Gel
Razor: RazoRock SLOC
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs 2019 Summer Edition 2-band
Soap: Proraso White
Aftershave: Alum/Dickinson’s Hydrating Toner w Rosewater/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Lab Series Razor Burn Relief Ultra

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
What about Scottish🤔

As per the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

Definition of Anglophile​

: a person who greatly admires or favors England and things English

To expound a bit further, in the parlance of our esteemed hobby, the term “British” typically refers to the shaving items made in England. However, according to the Encyclopedia Britannica, Scotland is within the confines of the British Isles.

Interpret that as you wish. As mentioned, there are no rules forcing adherence to the theme, or prohibiting the stretching of the theme’s intensions. Have at it.

If there are enough shaving products that hail from Scotland, then perhaps we can have a Scottish week in the future.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, Monday, August 22 2022

Razor : Star bar #4model lather catcher, Mfg 1919-20, mild >tame mid range, well built and very pleasing to the eye, shaves excellent and one of my favorites to use. Might be one of the last lather catchers models built by the Kampfe Brothers of Brooklyn NY(first Mfg of the safety razors in the world)?
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Razorock Irish Countryside, nice mild scent with some of the best lather qualities in a soap.
Brush : Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown whiskers, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Irish Countryside:thumbup1: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD August 22 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom