What's new

Soon to be newbie

I'm a young buck (turning 25 on the 27th), so I started shaving right when the mach 3 first came out. I tried out the fusion, but found that the closer blades just clogged up faster, as I have a rather heavy beard. I figured there had to be something better out there, and some how or another stumbled upon DE wet shaving. After talking about it for a few months while complaining about my cartridge razor, the wife decided to set me up for a combined fathers day/birthday present. I'm patiently awaiting my Merkur 180, 100 pack sampler of blades, Col. Conk almond soap, and a tweezerman badger brush. I've been reading all I can to try and avoid killing myself and to keep myself busy until it all gets here.

Welcome ! My DE shaves in the last few weeks have been the most enjoyable of my life. I hope you enjoy DE wet shaving as much as I.

:thumbup:
I'm a young buck (turning 25 on the 27th), so I started shaving right when the mach 3 first came out. I tried out the fusion, but found that the closer blades just clogged up faster, as I have a rather heavy beard. I figured there had to be something better out there, and some how or another stumbled upon DE wet shaving. After talking about it for a few months while complaining about my cartridge razor, the wife decided to set me up for a combined fathers day/birthday present. I'm patiently awaiting my Merkur 180, 100 pack sampler of blades, Col. Conk almond soap, and a tweezerman badger brush. I've been reading all I can to try and avoid killing myself and to keep myself busy until it all gets here.

Welcome to B&B!

It sounds like you're off to good start. Make use of the Wiki and be sure to ask for help if you run into problems!

Welcome! 100 blades? Damn! That'll last you a good two years, probably.

Here's a tip on the soap: don't try to eat any. It smell -delicious-.

As was said, ask a lot of questions, don't be afraid. I've been shaving with a merkur HD for years and I'm asking what feels like 3 questions a day on the Straight forum....and my first straight hasn't even arrived yet!

Welcome Jeff. I so envy you for discovering it at 25 and not like me at 40. I've got this huge smile on my face which I can't get rid of since DE-ing and I hope you have a similar positive experience

Thanks for all the welcomes fellas!

Welcome! 100 blades? Damn! That'll last you a good two years, probably.

Here's a tip on the soap: don't try to eat any. It smell -delicious-.

As was said, ask a lot of questions, don't be afraid. I've been shaving with a merkur HD for years and I'm asking what feels like 3 questions a day on the Straight forum....and my first straight hasn't even arrived yet!

...yeah, and for less than an 8 pack of mach 3 blades from wally world!:thumbup:

Top Bottom