What's new

Songs with a great intro

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
One I haven't seen on here with one of the longest guitar intros is Lou Reed's Rock N Roll Animal Sweet Jane:
and in keeping with live (but the studio intro is the same) my first ever in-concert band with their one and only hit:
"Chase" I had never heard of. Tight band. But they are a trumpet playing band. That's not what I call rock and roll!

One I haven't seen on here with one of the longest guitar intros is Lou Reed's Rock N Roll Animal Sweet Jane:
and in keeping with live (but the studio intro is the same) my first ever in-concert band with their one and only hit:

That Steve Hunter intro to Sweet Jane is probably my nomination for the best separate-type song intro ever.

Anyone else playing Heardle? I am struck by how many songs have great, and disctinctive, intros that I have never thought about!

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Hey Baby, I want to know o o , if you’ll be my girl. This song is loved by some college marching bands.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Apologies for not checking the other 18 pages, but I assume you already have Bohemian Rhapsody, Stairway and Roundabout listed at least once.

Layla and Boston's Foreplay/Long Time are both good intros.

Led Zeppelin's Black Dog use to drive me crazy because the downbeat wasn't where I expected when the song started (which is a little embarrassing for a music teacher).

Top Bottom