What's new

Songs with a great intro

JMO but there are alot of great songs posted here but alot do not have actual intros. perhaps we need a definition of 'intro'. Not all songs have an intro. example intros: aerosmith walk this way. the idea is the intro is separate and once the song starts, its gone.

I was thinking the same thing, although maybe not quite. For instance, does Whiter Shade of Pale have an intro or anacrusis or whatever. It seems to me an "intro" can be distinct without being completely separate and disappearing, but I am not completely sure.

I agree, although I'm a music fan not a musician.

I was going to say that I thought for purposes of this thread we were using "intro" in a kind of generic way, and that I was not sure it was a technical musical term anyway. But as to the latter Wikipedia seems to indicate that I am wrong. Although reading the Wikipedia definition I am more confused than ever!

I would say that we collectively are trying to make this thread about something other than "what are our favorite songs?" But is seems like a tougher distinction to make that we perhaps thought.

Rick Beato on You Tube does a series of videos on the top introductions to songs by instrument (or voice). I have not thought about what criteria he is actually using. I thought his bass and drum selections were particularly interesting. I would not have thought of songs having those kinds of introductions that often, but they do.

the intro to lows utterly eerie cover of joy divisions transmission

That is quite the version of a great song. Thanks for posting.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I was going to say that I thought for purposes of this thread we were using "intro" in a kind of generic way, and that I was not sure it was a technical musical term anyway. But as to the latter Wikipedia seems to indicate that I am wrong. Although reading the Wikipedia definition I am more confused than ever!

I would say that we collectively are trying to make this thread about something other than "what are our favorite songs?" But is seems like a tougher distinction to make that we perhaps thought.

Rick Beato on You Tube does a series of videos on the top introductions to songs by instrument (or voice). I have not thought about what criteria he is actually using. I thought his bass and drum selections were particularly interesting. I would not have thought of songs having those kinds of introductions that often, but they do.

That is quite the version of a great song. Thanks for posting.
Some groups (Unfortunately, Zeppelin is one) are making Rick Beato take down his stuff. I think that is incredibly shortsighted. The guy is giving free advertising on why your song is great. I know Beato likely makes some money on this, but hell, the bands are getting free publicity.

Some groups (Unfortunately, Zeppelin is one) are making Rick Beato take down his stuff. I think that is incredibly shortsighted. The guy is giving free advertising on why your song is great. I know Beato likely makes some money on this, but hell, the bands are getting free publicity.
I completely agree.

This could open a whole can of worms for me. Well, you know I gotta start by mentioning one from my avatar.

Peaches en Regalia. That drum intro is unmistakable and takes your into a truly classic tune.

Aja - Steely Dan. It just gives me a warm feeling hearing the beginning knowing such a classic tune is about ensue.

Driven To Tears - Police. Another great yet simple drum intro to a classicly great tune.

Some Skunk Funk - The Brecker Brothers. A great high powered intro to a high powered tune.

African Skies - Michael Brecker. Just a a cool slick opening to this amazing tune.

Top Bottom