What's new

Sometimes you find something magnificent in your drawer that you forget you even had!

Has this ever happened to you? Tonight when I was getting ready to shave I thought I would use a different handle with my Lupo. So I opened a drawer and started looking through my stash of handles.

Couldn't believe my eyes when I found a UFO Kaiser short in stainless. I have a Titan Fine in titanium that I use all the time, but it had kind of slipped my mind that I had this beautiful Kaiser short in there.

A lot of guys can make handles, but the very few ever achieved the artistry of Rafael, who made UFO handles. Newbies, you may have never heard of these but the they are just amazing works of art. My pics don't come even close to doing it justice, but I had to take two photos anyway.

I would be fine if this thread goes in the direction of 'I found this thing I didn't remember I had,' and I would also be fine if it goes in the direction of 'I also have a UFO handle, and here is a pic of it.'

Attachments

• 20221217_201451.jpg
    20221217_201451.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • 20221217_201444.jpg
    20221217_201444.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
8806F804-A629-47AB-B869-43BCACCA3C7D.png

They are some of the most amazing handles ever made. Is your Kaiser a “Fine” model as well?

They were hard to get a hold of. If you were willing to pay a premium they weren’t hard to get on the secondary market. Now they aren’t talked about much and it’s rare any if anyone parts with one.

I still enjoy using mine often with the Colibri.

I was looking through my "razor parts" drawer and found an unused small bottle of massage oil. I shaved tonight and rubbed a few drops into my face as an aftershave lotion. It was nice. Though it was several years old, I didn't detect rancidity.

In your drawer - or sometimes in your carry-on bag.

I thought I had lost a much-loved Shavemac brush somewhere in a hotel, when month later it turned up in a side pocket of a different carry-on bag than the one I thought I had used that day.

Made my day…:thumbup:

B.

I forgot I still owned a Simpson Classic synthetic brush as it stays at my cottage which we don’t visit in the winter.

My wife brought all of my shaving stuff home this year as she cleaned out the bathroom cabinet.

I wasn’t excited at all as I hate that stupid brush! 🤪

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Congrats. As a kid I killed a Merkur Bakelite I found in a drawer. I also ruined my father's Swiss Tool in the same action.

I sometimes find huge stacks of still packaged razor blades but still have a 100 pack of Nacets AWOL.

Maybe they are worried what would happen to them if I find them.

Top Bottom