What's new

Sometimes Karma is a B@#$h

My son's preschool is a non-profit co-op. School is starting end of the month so we are having a fund raising yard sale this weekend. We offered our house since we live on a corner and have a big front yard.
People started dropping stuff of yesterday, so my wife parked her car in our driveway last night. It's a 2004 Honda Accord sedan. I always park in the drive way.

Anyway, this morning we find that someone decided they needed the wheels off the passenger side of her car more than we did! We have 2 dogs that usually are pretty observant, but they didn't hear a thing, and neither did we.

At least they were kind enough to leave the car on a block.
Luckily, my father-in-law saw the wheels missing before my wife left. She probably wouldn't have noticed since she would have no reason to see that side of the car. It would have really sucked had she tried to drive!

Of course, Honda wants something like $574 for 2 wheels. I'll be checking the local pick-a-part later, but sheesh.

Anyway, sometimes good deeds do go punished. Hopefully Karma will come back to bite the scumbags who stole the wheels in the ***. One can only hope!

People will steal anything. It does not matter where you live or how good of a person you are. There is trash everywhere. Some teenagers stole my husbands bike from the side of my mothers house. Well it sucks to be them because our family has four houses in the same subdivision. My brother was walking around his house which is directly across from my mom's and saw a kid there and assumed he was cutting through her yard to the next street. A few minutes later he called me and said he thinks my husbands bike is gone from our mom's house and asked did we get it. There was a group of kids at the top of his street. My brother had already saw what they looked like and they saw him. BUT they did not know what I looked like or what my car looked like. Long story short a few hours into the night after sneaking around behind the kids trying to be led to the bike we found them. With the bike. My brother is no small dude. We scared the crap out of them. They were literally shaking. The boy riding the bike had a (already broken part) break on him and racked himself. We told them since they broker the bike they had to have the replacement part to us by 5pm the following day or we would report them to the police. : ) We got my husbands bike back, a free part for the bike and a couple hours of excitement sneaking around. The joke is on them.

People will steal anything. It does not matter where you live or how good of a person you are. There is trash everywhere. Some teenagers stole my husbands bike from the side of my mothers house. Well it sucks to be them because our family has four houses in the same subdivision. My brother was walking around his house which is directly across from my mom's and saw a kid there and assumed he was cutting through her yard to the next street. A few minutes later he called me and said he thinks my husbands bike is gone from our mom's house and asked did we get it. There was a group of kids at the top of his street. My brother had already saw what they looked like and they saw him. BUT they did not know what I looked like or what my car looked like. Long story short a few hours into the night after sneaking around behind the kids trying to be led to the bike we found them. With the bike. My brother is no small dude. We scared the crap out of them. They were literally shaking. The boy riding the bike had a (already broken part) break on him and racked himself. We told them since they broker the bike they had to have the replacement part to us by 5pm the following day or we would report them to the police. : ) We got my husbands bike back, a free part for the bike and a couple hours of excitement sneaking around. The joke is on them.

That is great. I bet your husband never leaves his bike out unsecured again, either. You just can't do that these days. I can't believe people still go into places with their cars running, unattended. It's a ticketable offense here.

Two summers ago I ordered a digital camera and from my home office I saw the UPS guy deliver the package to my front porch. I was on the phone at the time and finished my conversation and hung up. I saw 2 teenagers coming up the street. They stopped at my driveway and saw the package on the porch. They were having a discussion and looking at my porch. I moved over to the front door and waited to see what they were going to do. I saw one of them coming up the driveway. Right before he got to the porch I opened the door and surprised the poor fellow. He ran away crossing my yard but fell into my neighbor's freshly dug garden. He got up and limped away. I had a good laugh.

That is great. I bet your husband never leaves his bike out unsecured again, either. You just can't do that these days. I can't believe people still go into places with their cars running, unattended. It's a ticketable offense here.

It is a shame that you have to worry about your belongings disappearing from your own property. Everything goes inside now.

My son's preschool is a non-profit co-op. School is starting end of the month so we are having a fund raising yard sale this weekend. We offered our house since we live on a corner and have a big front yard.
People started dropping stuff of yesterday, so my wife parked her car in our driveway last night. It's a 2004 Honda Accord sedan. I always park in the drive way.

Anyway, this morning we find that someone decided they needed the wheels off the passenger side of her car more than we did! We have 2 dogs that usually are pretty observant, but they didn't hear a thing, and neither did we.

At least they were kind enough to leave the car on a block.
Luckily, my father-in-law saw the wheels missing before my wife left. She probably wouldn't have noticed since she would have no reason to see that side of the car. It would have really sucked had she tried to drive!

Of course, Honda wants something like $574 for 2 wheels. I'll be checking the local pick-a-part later, but sheesh.

Anyway, sometimes good deeds do go punished. Hopefully Karma will come back to bite the scumbags who stole the wheels in the ***. One can only hope!

huh. funny, 'cuz the neighbors had just the right side tires left standing in their drive and the car was gone. :eek:

jokes aside; that really stinks.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Two summers ago I ordered a digital camera and from my home office I saw the UPS guy deliver the package to my front porch. I was on the phone at the time and finished my conversation and hung up. I saw 2 teenagers coming up the street. They stopped at my driveway and saw the package on the porch. They were having a discussion and looking at my porch. I moved over to the front door and waited to see what they were going to do. I saw one of them coming up the driveway. Right before he got to the porch I opened the door and surprised the poor fellow. He ran away crossing my yard but fell into my neighbor's freshly dug garden. He got up and limped away. I had a good laugh.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope he had turned in some manure!

A couple years ago, someone locked my son's unlocked front storm-door from the inside and stole his Cobra R out of his driveway. He was watching a movie and heard it start up. He ran to the door which slowed him down a little until it clicked that it had been locked. He ran down his street after it, realized he forgot his cell; went back, grabbed his phone and called the police while he was running after his car.

The police were very slow in doing anything, he thought they would send a car right away to where he was running after them. The driver was having a tough time keeping the car on the road and also shifting. They eventually got away from him and put it in a ditch a couple miles away.
They are lucky they didn't end up in the ditch with him to catch up.

I've had things slolen out of my yard several times and my charge card taken off my desk in my home. I live in a nice subdivision so it doesn't matter where you are.

I'm very sorry to read that this happened to you. I think the old saying 'no good deed goes unpunished' is very true. On the other side of the coin, 'what goes around, comes around' is also true. I think the universe eventually evens things up in its own time.
Sue

There are some interesting and some funny stories here.

We had a guy steal two tires off of an employee's car in one of our employee lots, the furthest one. After it was reported to us (Man, where was Security? :w00t:) we tried to review the tapes. We didn't get much. We asked the shuttle driver about it. He saw the guy and even stopped to help him thinking it was his vehicle! :eek: Our shuttle and valet staff aren't the brightest and I would love to mock him, but what reason would he have to think otherwise? The guy even had a floor jack, so this had been well planned.

I have a good friend who is a self-confessed kleptomaniac. He brags about things he has shoplifted from stores, and estimates that over the course of his lifetime, he has a retail rip-off total of over $25,000.

I suspect, but I can't prove, that he has taken from my house and my car, a number of items, including but not limited to: A point-n-shoot camera, a MontBlanc fountain pen, a gold Dunhill lighter, a long-distance calling card, some antique silverware, several collectible coins, jewelry, and cash.

What do all these things have in common? They are all small in volume, and high in value. They fit easily into a fanny-pack (which my friend always wears,) and they would be easy to turn over at a pawn shop.

I really like this guy, but I don't trust him anymore. He's fun to hang out with, but I don't let him come over my house anymore.

Well, I spent hours scouring the local junkyards and pick your part yards with no luck. Didn't really expect to find anything, but it was worth the look. Of course, I wish it wasn't 100 degree out today. :ohmy:

Because we have a toddler and my wife can't be without her car, we're going to have to suck it up this time and go through the dealer. I figure with the time saved and the hassle getting everything from different places, it's going to be close. Lesson learned though.

It's funny, but I never really bother to look at her wheels very closely before, but I did notice that we didn't have locking lug nuts. Went out and bought a set today, just in case. It's a small investment, less than $30. Something that you all might want to consider to avoid my fate. I know it's not fool proof, but anything that slows them down if they are determined is worth it.

It's funny, but I never really bother to look at her wheels very closely before, but I did notice that we didn't have locking lug nuts. Went out and bought a set today, just in case. It's a small investment, less than $30. Something that you all might want to consider to avoid my fate. I know it's not fool proof, but anything that slows them down if they are determined is worth it.
The locking lug-nuts are a good idea. I've been putting a lot of money into fixing up my 10yo car over this past year, including some expensive tires I bought last week to go onto the original alloy wheels. Spending another $30 for locks seems like a good idea, one that I hadn't though of.

And if her car doesn't have one already, you can put on an alarm for under $100.

Did your insurance company cover the lost wheels? If not your auto-insurance, check with your home-owner's policy also. I've had several times when a home policy covered items that were stolen from my car.

At least it's not a BMW or Mercedes. Then they'd be asking for an arm and leg to replace the wheels.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I bet in a few days something good will happen to you.

Thankfully your wife was not hurt, or the Honda damaged more than just a pair of shoes.

I had a laptop stolen out of my new truck with 800 miles. I tell myself the money was used for baby formula. The broken window and popped lock cost me more money than the laptop was worth.

Top Bottom