What's new

Sometimes Karma is a B@#$h

It is a shame that you have to worry about your belongings disappearing from your own property. Everything goes inside now.

It really is. People have no respect for anything these days.
good neighborhoods are targets, because there are nicer things to steal.

On the other side of the coin, 'what goes around, comes around' is also true. I think the universe eventually evens things up in its own time.
Sue

Oh, it does. Once a beer run call went out over the radio, the 4 suspects fleeing rapidly in a vehicle. 10 minutes later a call went out for a rollover accident a couple miles from the store where the beer run took place. None of the thieves were seriously hurt, however. Car was totaled. That turned out to be some pretty expensive beer.

Another time, call went out for some guy laying on the sidewalk, pretty beat up. We get out there, and it turns out he's one of our local pimps, who had been smackin' up his working girl(who's his common-law wife). Some guys saw this as they drove by, stopped, and commenced to op'nin' up a fit'ty five gallon drum o' whupass on him. Actually it looked more like they just put him inside it and let him marinate awhile. When we found him he could barely remember his name. Pimpin' ain't easy! She told us what happened, but declined to press charges, as usual. Karma, baby!

Last edited:
It really is. People have no respect for anything these days.
good neighborhoods are targets, because there are nicer things to steal.

Oh, it does. Once a beer run call went out over the radio, the 4 suspects fleeing rapidly in a vehicle. 10 minutes later a call went out for a rollover accident a couple miles from the store where the beer run took place. None of the thieves were seriously hurt, however. Car was totaled. That turned out to be some pretty expensive beer.

Another time, call went out for some guy laying on the sidewalk, pretty beat up. We get out there, and it turns out he's one of our local pimps, who had been smackin' up his working girl(who's his common-law wife). Some guys saw this as they drove by, stopped, and commenced to op'nin' up a fit'ty five gallon drum o' whupass on him. Actually it looked more like they just put him inside it and let him marinate awhile. When we found him he could barely remember his name. Pimpin' ain't easy! She told us what happened, but declined to press charges, as usual. Karma, baby!
Now that is what I call poetic justice!

And if her car doesn't have one already, you can put on an alarm for under $100.

Did your insurance company cover the lost wheels? If not your auto-insurance, check with your home-owner's policy also. I've had several times when a home policy covered items that were stolen from my car.

She does have an alarm on her car, but I don't think it has motion sensors. Even if it had, I doubt it would have gone off. They didn't leave a mark on the car anywhere. These guys were good.

We have a $500 deductible, so insurance will pick up everything after that. That's one of the reasons we decided to go with the dealer for the wheels. After having to buy new tires and lug nuts and all, it would have been close to the $500 if I got them elsewhere. It was just easier this way.

Top Bottom