What's new

Sometimes I see the Other Side’s Point

Epic lulz.... Other than the SAA and cap/ball revolvers, nobody that I'm aware of has thought Cult revolvers worth duplicating....and numerous other companies build both for far less expense. In some cases, a superior product for less expense. As far as the 1911 goes...same deal, though the 1911 is not a Cult design(nor is the AR). Not even the extra safety in the series 80 Cult 1911's was a Cult design...nor was it necessary or an improvement. Come to think of it, the only Cult semi auto handgun that I can recall having been "copied" is the mustang...a scaled down copy of John Browning's 1911. All of their rifles and shotguns have failed, some of which they simply stamped the company name on after outsourcing production.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Epic lulz.... Other than the SAA and cap/ball revolvers, nobody that I'm aware of has thought Cult revolvers worth duplicating....and numerous other companies build both for far less expense. In some cases, a superior product for less expense. As far as the 1911 goes...same deal, though the 1911 is not a Cult design(nor is the AR). Not even the extra safety in the series 80 Cult 1911's was a Cult design...nor was it necessary or an improvement. Come to think of it, the only Cult semi auto handgun that I can recall having been "copied" is the mustang...a scaled down copy of John Browning's 1911. All of their rifles and shotguns have failed, some of which they simply stamped the company name on after outsourcing production.

I’ve never owned a Colt revolver. And history shows, it’s Colt that took Stoner’s design and made it successful. Everyone after, had to copy that business model to even get s sniff of that success. What’s with the Cult anyway? You sound bitter?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I’ve never owned a Colt revolver. And history shows, it’s Colt that took Stoner’s design and made it successful. Everyone after, had to copy that business model to even get s sniff of that success. What’s with the Cult anyway? You sound bitter?

He is bitter, but I don't say much. Cult firearms is intended to be an insult, but I consider the source.

He probably also has a Block.

Colt revolvers, and the 1911, are classics. Even though they went through many reorganization bankruptcies and products, and did do limited production runs of models to "create" collector's items, they do put out top notch products for the civilian market. Although mass produced military contracts may be a different story. Colt has long depended on military contracts.

Looks like the new management may be trying to pull things back together again.

I haven't seen one of their new revolvers yet, but what I hear is they are Colt quality. I guess. All the Colt's I have are good. I have one that was made in 1894 and it still shoots good.

There is one major complaint I have heard from gun shops...you have to be a Colt dealer to handle them. That means having an inventory of a lot of their models so people can see them. The small gun shops can't afford to stock that type of inventory. If a small shop could just order what someone wants....

But back to Tactical Timmy.

Last edited:
Bitter? Nope. I'm simply capable of recognizing that the only reason Cult has managed to stay in business is military contracts...which as was stated by someone else earlier means delivering a specified level of quality at the lowest price. Not the best quality, just the specified level. Neither the AR or the 1911 are their own designs, nor have they managed to successfully sell a product of their own design for any length of time in the last what, 60 years? The two most successful designs they have to offer are roughly 110 years old and 70 years old, and again, not their own. What of the FN produced M16's? Not even an American company, and yet they hold a contract to deliver the service rifle of our military. Are they somehow less than Cult? Nope, and I think it speaks volumes that a foreign company holds such a contract....even if they do produce excellent products.

As far as owning a block....now that is insulting. :scared:

I actually do own one Cult, a 1903 Pocket Model M made around 1925 IIRC. If they brought the design back, modernized it a bit, and chambered it for say 9mm, I think it would sell quite well for them. I'd be quite likely to buy one, even at Cults vastly inflated pricing. I'm also the caretaker of a presentation boxed, unfired SAA in .45 Colt, a second gen I think, that was given to my son by my wife's stepfather. He'll get it when he turns 21 in another decade, and my S&W's will stop being insulted by it's presence. :001_tt2:

Ironically even Colt fanboys are among the most cynical gun owners I have ever been aware of.
Take a trip over to the Colt Owners Forum.
The new (2017) Cobra was lambasted, fried, and boiled by so many people on that site that it was saddening.
Seems like unless it’s something built in the 1950-1990 era, even with that excited pony on the side, it’s a sub-par product. I have owned more Colt firearms than many. Python and Diamondback were pretty nice. 1970’s Detective Specials and Cobra .38s were fine pistols too. Conversely my current generation Cobra and King Cobra I am sure will prove to be just as competent as the older pistols.
Funny about S&W.
No one seems to remember how they had to bend over to the 1990s government powers and put that stupid lock on their revolvers to avoid financial heartburn.
Even funnier is that they’re still doing it on most of their current product.
By the way, I like S&W firearms. I own six. Only one I still own with that idiotic lock is a 629 .44 Magnum. As it is most doubtful I will press that into service as a defensive weapon, I may remove it someday. Just because.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I’ve never owned a Colt revolver.

This cannot be true! :302: If we were nearer, I'd give you one! :2guns: They ARE smooth. And so historical! (And so expensive!)

Please purchase Police Positive promptly. :a14:

FWIW, my "brother" the armorer is of the opinion, "All ARs are the same. Come off the same CDC milling equipment."

I have no personal opinion on which AR is best ....

AA

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
"ARs" are for Pirates and should only be used this year on Thursday, September 19th.

OkieStubble

He is bitter, but I don't say much. Cult firearms is intended to be an insult, but I consider the source.

Maybe he thinks I am "just Colt" and nothing else? But I like all guns. Heck, I'm the one in here who defends the smaller companies like Taurus and Kel-Tec.

I don't think if you're a pro "tactical timmy" that you also can't be a pro classic firearms guy too. This is what I like about @Acmemfg and @nortac and several others in here. They have room for the classics and modern firearms and don't have anything bad to say about either. My kinda guys. :)

I bought my first wood & steel Marlin .30 .30 a couple years ago, and my first leather holster, mag pouch and carry belt just a few months back. All because @Acmemfg took a positive interest, instead of a negative one towards the fact, that at that time, most of my firearms were all synthetic stocked tactical weapons.

He's had a positive influence on my taste in firearms, because he took it as a positive to show and teach and not as a negative to insult. I actually now have a small list of certain classic firearms I want to obtain. I will have a classic 1911 gifted to me upon my retirement and I will also acquire a Browning High Power one day, when feasible and the right one comes along.

OkieStubble

Bitter? Nope. I'm simply capable of recognizing that the only reason Cult has managed to stay in business is military contracts...which as was stated by someone else earlier means delivering a specified level of quality at the lowest price.

So, are you saying, Colt isn't quality?

Not the best quality, just the specified level. Neither the AR or the 1911 are their own designs, nor have they managed to successfully sell a product of their own design for any length of time in the last what, 60 years?

You should print a list of all the popular brands of massed produced assembly line AR's, and show us where Colt rates among them?

The two most successful designs they have to offer are roughly 110 years old and 70 years old, and again, not their own.

Eugene Stoner invented that design and it absolutely sucked in Vietnam. Colt, again, was THE FIRST, to take that design and make it work successfully. Any others after that, again, had to COPY Colt's Success with it. Surely, you would't try and make an argument over Ford's model T and today's Tesla because Tesla didn't design the first car? Trust me, John Browning isn't rolling over in his grave because Elon Musk has made improvements on his original design?

What of the FN produced M16's? Not even an American company, and yet they hold a contract to deliver the service rifle of our military. Are they somehow less than Cult?

My question to you is, why would you even think this? For one, I absolutely LOVE Fabrique Nationale (FN) I would take a FN AR any day of the week.

Why would you make the debate that FN isn't lower because Stoner designed the original, but say Colt isn't all that because Stoner designed the original? Doesn't make any sense if you ask me. Is it because you are making the wrong assumption? You think because I say Colt is good, all others are bad?

I think you might be having a closed mind or only being singular in thought? Question: What is your purpose of keeping up with the Cult verbage? Are you mad at Colt? Are you mad at me? Are you trolling? if you are, why would you want to do that? We are just discussing about firearms? Does that have to be adversarial or disrespectful? I don't think so.

Maybe take a chill pill and rethink how we might want to politely continue our conversation, while maintaining the art of being gentlemen? Whatcha think? :) Anything less would be embarrassing for both of us I think.

Nope, and I think it speaks volumes that a foreign company holds such a contract....even if they do produce excellent products.

I think that speaks volumes too! See, I agree with you. :)

As far as owning a block....now that is insulting. :scared:

Why is that?

Last edited:

OkieStubble

This cannot be true! :302: If we were nearer, I'd give you one! :2guns: They ARE smooth. And so historical! (And so expensive!)

FWIW, my "brother" the armorer is of the opinion, "All ARs are the same. Come off the same CDC milling equipment."

I have no personal opinion on which AR is best ....

AA

I am more then willing to move closer to you Mike for a free gun. :) All AR's are not the same.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
All guns? Hi-Point. Even as cheap as I am, I couldn't do it. I went with a now end S&W instead. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yet Hi-Points seems to produce a majority of its guns that just keep working for the owners. I seldom hear complaints from those who actually own those makes.

Yet Hi-Points seems to produce a majority of its guns that just keep working for the owners. I seldom hear complaints from those who actually own those makes.
I have read they are reliable. I just don't care for the shape of them. Unless things have changed, they were a bit on the large side for regular carry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
AA

Oh yes...I can't find the high five emoji. But make it a Police Positive Special.

I actually now have a small list of certain classic firearms I want to obtain. I will have a classic 1911 gifted to me upon my retirement and I will also acquire a Browning High Power one day, when feasible and the right one comes along.

I knew if we left the light on long enough he'd come around. After you get the 1911 or High Power you need some nice leather for it. Maybe something like this...you can get it as plain or as fancy as you want.

1930 “Austin” Holster – El Paso Saddlery

Mongo see retired Deputy the other day, he say retired Ranger Eddie move to South Texas. Mongo go see Eddie, he good friend for years. Mongo be prepared to stay long time...Eddie can talk for year.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Men! While we quibble the fine points of firearms appreciation, the enemies of America grow stronger!

Let us agree: all guns are good! Can I get an "Amen, brother!"

AA

Austin Holster. Way cool.
If I lived out west I would have something like that and tote a Ruger .357 SA.
I’d also frequent bars that would oblige me when I walked in and ordered...
“Whiskey, and leave the bottle.”

Top Bottom