What's new

Something special for sale!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I was able to pick up a piece of Micarta end of last year. Finally, this morning I got to it and turned a handle from it. Well, it is really hard on the tools.
My carbide drill bit was extremely hot after I drilled the big hole for the knot. It turns actually not too bad, the tools just get very hot, even with freshly sharpened chisels. And, now they need sharpening again.This material is, at least for me, not easy to find in sizes for brushes, especially in a size that allows for a 28-30 mm knot. It is mostly sold as knife scales, gun grips etc. so mainly offered in a thickness of maybe 1/4".
Long story, I made a brush handle in one of my favorite shapes, a modified AS3M (without the bottom cut) and added a Shavemac two-band silvertip in bulb shape. It is approx 29/30 mm at exit from the handle and the loft is 53/54 mm.

Cost including shipping in CONUS is $240 - this is a unique piece, both he material and the knot (I had ordered this one for myself, but realized, I have way too many brushes - so I decided to make this special brush). PM or email me if you are interested in this brush.

If someone is interested in something different in this material, I have another piece on hand.
Just contact me.

Some pictures with close ups of the coloration.
IMG_1951.jpg
IMG_1952.jpg
IMG_1953.jpg
IMG_1954.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom