What's new

Something old, something new PIF

I'm long overdue for a PIF and after winning @sneefy 's Quorum PIF, I am duty bound to follow through on my own. Included in this package are
NEW Hanz de Fuko Claymation sample size
NEW Dove Men shampoo sample size
NEW Blue Label Razorock shaving soap
OLD Omega Mixed Midget shaving brush
OLD Frank Shaving 2 band faux horn brush
OLD I-2 Gillette Slim Adjustable
OLD NDC Gillette Milord
I'm giving away the hair products because I'm a head shaver and have no need. Also the Blue Label shaving soap is pretty much identical to the What The Puck Blue Barbershop which I've already got. I do recommend the Green Label soap very much. The brushes don't get much love from me. I have found I'm not a fan of mixing my badger and boar, and the Frank Shaving brush is nice, but I've got several other 2 band brushes that I enjoy so much more. Finally on the razors, the I-2 is my birth year, however I've since picked up an I-3, my birth year and quarter, it works just fine and is one of my favorite adjustable razors out there. The Milord was purchased on an auction site and one of the doors is dented, causing the blade to warp if you use it. So, if you are mechanically gifted, this the razor for you to fix!
20191022_180807.jpg

The rules: unfortunately this is CONUS only. I just need you to tell me why you have a job (or why you don't have one). Winner will be selected at random from those who respond. I'll give this a week and see where we are at for entries.

That is an awesome PIF! I am in please.

Why I have a job? Hm.

I have always been inquisitive and wanted to learn how things work. I stumbled into the tech industry - computers. I learned how to repair and build them. I found that I could get paid for doing something I really liked doing. Then I fell further down that rabbit hole. Now I am pigeon holed into a career and it’s not fun anymore.

I am too old to change careers and too broke to retire ... so that is why I have a job.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Nice PIF, I'm in!

I have a job because:
1) I enjoy serving my country and community.
2) I have to earn money to support my family.
3) I would likely go insane without the distraction of "work". [emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I realized that I didn't explain why I have a job. I have a job first to honor Christ. I also have a job to support my family. I like knowing my wife understands she is worth the paid work to ensure that she has what she needs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
What a great community I have found here. Just finding my way around. Such a generous PIF emwolf!

I'm in if I may.

Why do I have a job?

1) Financial stability

2) Connecting with people

3) Because I'm good at it and most days I really enjoy it.

Cheers!

Im in. And when im not a stay at home dad my job is as an actor/ film maker so i guess i do and don't have a job at the same time. Its all a heck of a lot of fun.....i get to be with the kids part of the time And make money for Supporting my family the other part.

I love going to work every day because I get to share wetshaving with everyone.
I get to live Badger and blade at work.
I'm also mechanically inclined and like to fix up razors like that back into user grade equipment to PIF to clients who are interested in learning the ways of the whet.

I'm in. I have a job because I like to have a comfortable place to sleep at night and I really like having good food in my belly (which keeps growing for some reason).

Im in. And when im not a stay at home dad my job is as an actor/ film maker so i guess i do and don't have a job at the same time. Its all a heck of a lot of fun.....i get to be with the kids part of the time And make money for Supporting my family the other part.
My mom was a homemaker and she would disagree that you don't have a job. She expected to be paid and dad made sure that happened. Her "income" paid for her kitchen re-design. She was also profiled for our local paper back in the mid 1970's when the ERA (equal rights amendment) was under discussion as one of the "traditional" housewives. She worked hard and had really crappy hours.

Thanks, I'm in.

My job is in the non-profit education/research sector and I do it because I feel like I can make meaningful contributions through my efforts. And because I have a family (and shaving habit) to support.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wonderful PIF, respectfully not in. I'm not working, Social Security and my doctors decided for me to be retired, lol.

But I'm blessed beyond measure, and my B&B friends are definitely a huge blessing!

I’m in!!!

Much like wet shaving I followed my dads footsteps. I started a career in insurance(like my father) 10 years ago because I thought it was what I was supposed to do as a young man. I tasted success and learned real competition which took over for 10 years until I started a family. Now I work to provide for my kids and wife and to give them a good life. I’ve also grown passionate for what I do. It’s funny how these things change as you get older.

Top Bottom