What's new

Something interesting...

Using my Scribo Flex and the sample on the right is your classic Rhodia. And on the left Jacques Herbin Bleu de minuit. In this particular sample the Tomoe held up well whereas the Rhodia displayed feathering.

Last edited:
Here's the picture.

Attachments

• 16256869543455646046098771055358.jpg
    16256869543455646046098771055358.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 23

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Stock up on that Tomoe. The word on the street is that the paper factory was shut down and it’s being discontinued.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Tbh I’m not going to shed too many tears I didn’t enjoy tomoe leaf paper.

Stock up on that Tomoe. The word on the street is that the paper factory was shut down and it’s being discontinued.
I've never tried it. Clairefontaine is always the most available locally and that's what I've mostly used.

That appears to be the case, which is a shame.

I'm on page 90 something of my current Nanami Seven Seas journal with that paper. These have, I think, 430 pages, and I have another three unused ones after that, plus some smaller notebooks and a pad of letter paper. There's a reasonable chance that I will use them all up, but I guess I'll just have to go back to Apica and Life Noble for my journals, and probably Clairefontaine for letters; I don't write too many real letters anyway.

There are plenty of good paper products out there, and I'm not tempted to seek out and hoard just one brand. But using a fountain or dip pen does make one more aware of paper quality.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
That appears to be the case, which is a shame.

I'm on page 90 something of my current Nanami Seven Seas journal with that paper. These have, I think, 430 pages, and I have another three unused ones after that, plus some smaller notebooks and a pad of letter paper. There's a reasonable chance that I will use them all up, but I guess I'll just have to go back to Apica and Life Noble for my journals, and probably Clairefontaine for letters; I don't write too many real letters anyway.

There are plenty of good paper products out there, and I'm not tempted to seek out and hoard just one brand. But using a fountain or dip pen does make one more aware of paper quality.
Sounds like you’re set for a while. That’s good. I can add Tomoe River under Floid Blue in my long list of “missed outs”. Maybe good for keeping the FOMO in check. I’m hearing from blogs and whatnots that other papers are close as far as showing off ink properties, but nothing has quite the same combo of thinness and opaqueness that lets you have a 430 page notebook that does feel like an unabridged dictionary.

Top Bottom