What's new

Something Going On With WCS?

I placed an order last week Friday, and although label has been created, it doesn’t look to have shipped. I sent a message early yesterday and no response. Anyone having similar problems?

I once waited nine days for a WCS parcel to travel two hours across the state mom Maryland from the warehouse to my office. On a different order several weeks later, I waited less than 24 hours from order to delivery from their Maryland warehouse to buy home in VA. Seems like they seem to have their off days from time to time...

It has been a while since I ordered from WCS, but when I placed an order last week, I was surprised to see it ship from MD. In any case, a shipping label was created and shipped immediately. My problem was that the USPS in Seattle seemed to be the one to misplace my package and so I am believing (hoping) that it will be just two days late.

It seems that this practice of creating a shipping label and then not showing up anywhere for a couple of days is something I have seen in a lot of mail order places. the fact that you are seeing it at WCS does not surprise me, nor does it mean that something is not right.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hopefully you get it soon. Maybe email them afain. I havent ordered from them in a few months but find them one of the good ones

The holidays are here. Not everything gets scanned in transit. About ten days ago I shipped a couple shaving items in a small priority box from the post office. The tracking status remained ‘label created’ for several days while it traveled cross-country. The tracking was updated for the first time when the package arrived at the destination post office.

WCS had some shipping issues with my first order some months back. They made good on the problem. Subsequent WCS shipments have been swift, but I’m sure holiday volumes will affect every step of the delivery chain until January.

I ordered an artisan shave bowl and a WCS brand wooden razor purchase some time in early October. I was traveling and couldn't open the package, till few weeks ago - almost after a month or more after delivery. Bowl was damaged and razor head threads were shot.

Wrote to them - they immediately offered replacement only to write back stating bowl is out of stock and I can select an alternate. Confirmed and again it went out of stock and it repeated a third time till all the bowls went out of stock. All this in the heavy Thanksgiving season and now. Each communication a day or two apart, but I never had to wonder.

Finally i opted for a refund and the money came back in the bank with in a day !

Tremendous service ! They won't disappoint you and if there is a communication gap - it's the festive season pressure !

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I have placed several orders with WCS. In normal times, they get the shipment ready to go in 24 hours. With holiday sales, it might take 2-3 days. I ordered a couple of soaps on 12/05. I got an email indicating the package was ready to go two days later (Friday 12/7). DHL picked up the package in Maryland on Saturday morning and it is in transit to my local mail distribution center. My local post office will probably get it early tomorrow morning for delivery tomorrow or Tuesday. At this time of year, getting a package within a week after ordering is pretty good.

It has never taken me more than a week to get something, but since I live in the Chicagoland area, transportation is better than in many areas of the country. If you live in a less-populated area, it might take longer. If you took advantage of the WCS free shipping, you have to realize that they will ship in the least expensive way possible and that is unlikely to be the fastest. If you want quick delivery, you will need to pay for premium shipping. I often pay for Priority Mail shipping so I can more easily track the shipment door to door. If it ships DHL Ecommerce, you have no idea where the package is as it travels by truck from the warehouse to your local mail distribution center.

Tons of orders with them and no problems. My guess is that the post office has screwed up and it’ll show up soon. I’ve had 4/5 packages from USPS be messed up in the past week or so, none was the fault of the merchant.

There's something not quite right with WCS. I learned last year that John sold the company to someone else. They used to be super good at getting back with customer concerns. I really miss my conversations with John, to be honest. I'm trying to find a new online vendor that's similar to WCS. Haven't found them yet.

I recently purchased one of their WCS brushes and I inquired about the source of the hair and I never got a reply back. The brush is excellent for the price, but I sense that it is from China.

There's something not quite right with WCS. I learned last year that John sold the company to someone else. They used to be super good at getting back with customer concerns. I really miss my conversations with John, to be honest. I'm trying to find a new online vendor that's similar to WCS. Haven't found them yet.

I recently purchased one of their WCS brushes and I inquired about the source of the hair and I never got a reply back. The brush is excellent for the price, but I sense that it is from China.

*Maggards has been brilliant for me...I would expect they have the same holiday related USPS woes as anyone else; but having purchased in store and on line they are top notch. Nancy Boy and Wet Shaving Products also have impressed with their quick shipments.

Well, that’s where Badger hair comes from

*Maggards has been brilliant for me...I would expect they have the same holiday related USPS woes as anyone else; but having purchased in store and on line they are top notch. Nancy Boy and Wet Shaving Products also have impressed with their quick shipments.

Do they offer discounts and hold sales like WCS?

Well, that’s where Badger hair comes from

Funny you should mention that. I read a while back that the vendor for AoS gets theirs from Europe. I forgot who manufactures AoS brushes.

I am having a similar experience as @Ringer with an order placed last week. I received the confirmation email Friday after 6 PM, but it seems like there was no to little movement as of 10 PM EST Monday.

Surprised that they do not have Saturday pickups. FYI @West Coast Shaving .

False alarm on this one. Tracking information must have not been documented correctly. I received the products even though I was unable to track. Never seen that happen before, but I suppose these things can happen on the rare occasion.

I'm happy I got my package, but it was a little disheartening that I reached out twice and never received a response back. I know it's a busy time of the season and all. Just hope for a little personal touch when things go a little awry.

Top Bottom