What's new

Something Expensively Interesting

I went down a rabbit hole studying Target and their Target Canada fiasco and wound up finding this badboy

proxy.php

$405 anyone?
Going to have to make a hard pass on this one, ladies and gentleman. Unless this thing can magically give you the best lather out of any soap with just a touch, really don't think it's worth that kind of cash.

Strangely enough, it isn't a mistake. That is the actual price if you take a look at the AdP site.

For that price you could get a 75mm 2-band from Yaqi AND change.

You are getting exclusivity and design. I think the price is way too high, but out of all the artisan brushes ive seen people gush over, this, to me, is actually more pleasant.

It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

HBC (AKA "The Bay") is Canadian, so that's Canadian dollars. $405 CAD = $298 USD. Still pricey for a synthetic brush.

There are several Bay stores near me. A couple have swanky in-store boutiques that will bring in a designer-branded product for you to inspect. Maybe they'll bring a brush in to see what they're like, in person.

I have an AdP wenge/brass brush and stand, i paid a more reasonable amount for many years ago. i’ve had a ton of brushes, there is nothing on the market that even slightly resembles it as far as fit and finish.

I generally like aqua di parma but $400 for a brush...not in a lifetime the most expensive brush I have cost $70 and it took me weeks to decide if I should buy it and barely use it now, my $25 razorock plisoft and muhle fibre perform just as good

Even better bargain:

By my math, that's a $410 cart included. Well, you do get the stand. Total about $600 USD. Doesn't say anything about extra blades though.... :blink:

Top Bottom