What's new

Someone loved this nickel plated Gillette Deluxe (1930's) so much they had a silversmith create a multipart travel set to go with it.

I've had this for years but polished it up yesterday. Looks great but the pics reveal areas around the gold initials that need a bit more detail work. The set includes razor case, blade case, razor handle, toothbrush holder, shaving soap container, nested shaving brush container, clamshell soap dish, spine for a comb, after shave bottle, nail file, and one more container (not sure what was stored in that part), all in sterling silver. The silversmith also applied initials to each part using flat gold wire. The Deluxe razor by Gillette is nickel plated and probably came from a 1935+ Gillette set since there is no serial number on the baseplate.
IMG_4391.jpeg
IMG_4393.jpeg
IMG_4395.jpeg

R

romsitsa

A similar one (silver case, handle with De luxe head) sold recently, I would say it was a readily available set.

A similar one (silver case, handle with De luxe head) sold recently, I would say it was a readily available set.
Show me. Would love to see another one and I haven't been following the auctions. Also would like to find out what kind of case it all came in.

The decor is different, but everything else is a match. Who was the manufacturer, does it have any hallmarks, makers marks?
View attachment 1500751View attachment 1500750
The box looks similar although this one has a squared off edge, a different latch, and a flat top case vs. rounded. Looks like the same handle and blade case. Would love to find out more since the Deluxe Gillette razor appears to be not just a random replacement for something else but targeted for the set. There is a hallmark on one of the pieces. I'll take and post a pic after church.

Particularly like the garbage can accessory but have no clue what it is used for.

I have a deep fascination with precious metal especially silver, i have trade coins and bullion coins in silver. A few 5g gold bars as i had to sell some but i would love to get a set like this someday. Beautiful pieces thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom