What's new

Someone buy this

"With right methods and chemicals, which have been used 80 years ago to produce bakelite, you can manufacture this thermoset plastic with high quality; however, the spirit of the bakelite produced today will never same as it has been in the dawn of the plastics. This would just as the "fakelite", similar in apperance with a different spirit than the genuine one " (sic )
:thumbup:

( too rich for me :laugh: )

On a serious note...Even if I over looked the fact that you put a link in this post to a live Ebay auction (which by the way is against the B&B rules), I still wouldn't have a clue what to do with the stock (other then send it to Rudy) when it arrived. I don't have a lathe, and if I did I wouldn't want to learn on an "alledged" old stock blank...:001_cool:

Sorry man, you're not supposed to post links to live auctions on the B&B forums...Just an FYI...

Justin

On a serious note...Even if I over looked the fact that you put a link in this post to a live Ebay auction (which by the way is against the B&B rules), I still wouldn't have a clue what to do with the stock (other then send it to Rudy) when it arrived. I don't have a lathe, and if I did I wouldn't want to learn on an "alledged" old stock blank...:001_cool:

Sorry man, you're not supposed to post links to live auctions on the B&B forums...Just an FYI...

Justin

BIN is not a live auction and is allowed. ...Just an FYI...

"With right methods and chemicals, which have been used 80 years ago to produce bakelite, you can manufacture this thermoset plastic with high quality; however, the spirit of the bakelite produced today will never same as it has been in the dawn of the plastics. This would just as the "fakelite", similar in apperance with a different spirit than the genuine one " (sic )
:thumbup:

( too rich for me :laugh: )

nope-as 43 would say "not gonna do it".

marty

43rd...G.W.B....:lol::lol::lol:

Good stuff...Ain't gonna do it, not at this juncture....

I do not understand the number references or "G.W.B." Are you guys saying that this is not NOS phenolic resin? If it is the real thing then the price for large stock like this is not unreasonable. To me it looks like someone in Turkey found some old stock and a market in the west.

If you think this sale is not as advertised please explain*.

*Pauline Hanson

I do not understand the number references or "G.W.B." Are you guys saying that this is not NOS phenolic resin? If it is the real thing then the price for large stock like this is not unreasonable. To me it looks like someone in Turkey found some old stock and a market in the west.

*Pauline Hanson

George W. Bush 43rd president of the US

" Are you guys saying that this is not NOS phenolic resin? If it is the real thing then the price for large stock like this is not unreasonable. To me it looks like someone in Turkey found some old stock and a market in the west.

*Pauline Hanson

I too am interested in this. I have been watching these and they seem a bit expensive for me. I was looking to buy a big chunk and have Rudy Vey seat me a 30mm monster.

nope-as 43 would say "not gonna do it".

marty

That's funny, I just imagined Dana Carvey in one of his SNL skits.
proxy.php

That's a lot of money, but it does look very nice.

Top Bottom