What's new

Someone at Brooks-brothers is going to lose their job!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Nice capri pants. Is he European by chance?

Thom Browne is a gool ole 'merican boy!

And an idiot, IMHO.

But he's all the rage in the fashion circles in New York &c. Of course, to me, that stuff just makes you look like an idiot, but I guess it's a backlash against big & baggy suits and too-long puddle-at-your-feet pants.

It actually took me a while to notice the too-short aspect of the clothes ... I was distracted by the Hitler-haircut on the model. :blink:

most of those remind me of the line from "Office Space" that wasn't exactly this but the same sentiment...goes something like:

"Does anyone say 'You have a case of the Mondays' where you work?" --asked to the neighbor who is a construction worker. his reply...

"Hell no...saying something like that would get you beat up."

My not-so-consicely-put point...wear most of those outfits and you will most certainly get beaten up (by children and little old ladies, if you are the type to wear most of those outfits in the first place).

But Timmy...love the cape!

Brooks Brothers is probably wisely looking to expand its market to include a younger, more fashion - as opposed to style - hungry group. Thom Browne is all the rage in men's fashion at the moment, and this line has a decent chance at succeeding.

The very fact that such a traditional company as BB is moving into this market makes me wonder if perhaps their sales have fallen rather drastically over the past few years.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
When a man puts on a suit we hope we can look like Cary Grant in North By Northwest. Not Jerry Lewis in The Bellboy.

If they're bringing back opera capes, I want to see a resurgence in sword canes and the collapsible top hat. Why go out half-dressed? Oh..and spats. Where are the spats in these pictures?

Works for him...
proxy.php
Yeah but Angus rocks so he gets a buy on anything he wears. Those BB dude's don't look like they rock.

Yes!
Now I have some more things to add to my Christmas wish list, along with a new Gillette Fusion, a case of Edge gel, a gross of Spam, and a barium enema.
Seriously, though, you know they charge top dollar for that stuff. You could probably keep this entire forum stocked with the Swedish Gillette blades for a decade off of the price of just that cape.
:shaving:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
If they're bringing back opera capes, I want to see a resurgence in sword canes and the collapsible top hat. Why go out half-dressed? Oh..and spats. Where are the spats in these pictures?

Our members spats out their coffee when they first saw the photo! :whistling:

Yes!
Now I have some more things to add to my Christmas wish list, along with a new Gillette Fusion, a case of Edge gel, a gross of Spam, and a barium enema.
Seriously, though, you know they charge top dollar for that stuff. You could probably keep this entire forum stocked with the Swedish Gillette blades for a decade off of the price of just that cape.
:shaving:

The perfect unit of measure for that product. :biggrin1:

Unless you have money to burn in looking cutting-edge-fashionable (rather than stylish), don't buy this stuff. Five years from now you'll have worn it a dozen times, and (if it's still in your closet rather than donated to charity by then) be faced with the prospect of an expensive closet-padder as it'll be so out-of-fashion by then that no one would be caught dead wearing it.

You can look hip or you can look good, but when it comes to this, you can't do both. :out:

Top Bottom