What's new

Some works of art...

Vulfix has proven to be able to keep up with the high level of craftmanship of the Somerset factory. The level of craftmanship is very high, although recent experiences showed some "anomalies"; but generally, the quality of the Vulfix Simpsons is outstanding; in some specimen even higher than their Somerset counterparts, f.i. the next two brushes, PL8 and T4. Particularly this T4 shouldn't be used at all...it should belong in a museum of "modern arts"...
PS: notice that the knot diameter of this T4 is (much) bigger than that of its Somerset counterpart..

Yes Vulfix & Simpsons are great brushes! But i've also read that they are lately having some anomalies too! I wanted one..now i dont know :confused::confused:

Should i go for one?

A pair of beauties. It's notable that the recent "2-band"s are all lightbulb shape - this means that the outer bristles are deeper into the handle allowing only the black and tip bands to be exposed - the bottom white or tan band in not visible. I think that the older Simpson brushes were the flatter top fan shaped knots - more like the Rooneys and other classic British brushes. My impression is that the brush makers have realized that 2-band is a premium product and modified things accordingly. The only consistently fan shaped 2-band is the Rooney finest and that seems to be practically unavailable now.

A pair of beauties. It's notable that the recent "2-band"s are all lightbulb shape - this means that the outer bristles are deeper into the handle allowing only the black and tip bands to be exposed - the bottom white or tan band in not visible. I think that the older Simpson brushes were the flatter top fan shaped knots - more like the Rooneys and other classic British brushes. My impression is that the brush makers have realized that 2-band is a premium product and modified things accordingly. The only consistently fan shaped 2-band is the Rooney finest and that seems to be practically unavailable now.

I do not entirely agree...the current two band badger is really different from the three band used by Simpsons and by Vulfix and is identical to Rooney finest.

Top Bottom