What's new

Some shots from my first session with my new camera

I took a little walk in the vicinity of my home on Wednesday, just shooting at whatever seemed remotely interesting, to get a feel for my camera
Camera: Sony Alpha 77V fitted with a Minolta 75-300mm lens

I should have used another lens, it wasn't the best choice for a walk in the town, but it had been a while since I used it, so I felt for airing it.
However, I did manage to get a couple of shots I liked - it has been a long time since I just took a walk and shooting away. I had forgotten how fun it is, this calls for an encore :001_smile
OK I admit, the photos shown don't come directly from the camera, I have made some editorial adjustments besides re-sizing :wink:

Any critique is welcome gentlemen

Increased contrast, raised brightness and shadows a little.
proxy.php

Enhanced mid-tone contrast, raised shadows, a little more contrast and then lowered brightness of the sky only and then tinted red
Retouched a large highlight glare from the roof at the end of the track
proxy.php

Used the photo editors auto level adjustment, lowered brightness a little, increased contrast slightly and then sepia toned
Retouched a flag pole to the far right of the photo
proxy.php

Raised brightness very little, increased contrast and lowered the saturation of red slightly
proxy.php

Agree on the 50mm or 40mm for a great lens. My NiftyFifty is my go to for a lot of stuff now. It amuses me when people look at you and say "why don't you just zoom in" to which you can say "I do, I move my Mark I Series I zoom... My feet!"

Thank you gentlemen.

I have a 50 mm macro, but I have never thought of using that for a street lens. I have a 24-70 mm I thought would be a good choice - I like the zoom function in the lens :biggrin1:

Søren,

Nice shots with the new camera. I like the first shot. That warm red is neat in contrast to the unkempt side alley.

I also like that last shot, the forest of sign poles. I think that I might have liked to have seen the sign poles in focus and the background blurred out. As a concept, I think it was a great shot.

Thank you.

I agree on the focus point of the sign posts, I will go back at some point and try some different focus points and aperture settings.

Søren,

Nice shots with the new camera. I like the first shot. That warm red is neat in contrast to the unkempt side alley.

I also like that last shot, the forest of sign poles. I think that I might have liked to have seen the sign poles in focus and the background blurred out. As a concept, I think it was a great shot.

I like the people with signs shot too. I think focusing on the signs might be neat especially if there were something really unique on one of the signs or posts, otherwise I think you made a nice choice of focus.

Top Bottom