What's new

Some Pics I Like

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Here are some pictures I like.

$funny face.jpg$corvettes of Norway.jpg$B-58A_BuNo_61-2080_-_Pima_Air_&_Space_Museum_in_Tucson,_Arizona.jpg$Copley meda..jpg$ww1 workers.jpg

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Here is a brand new firetruck .

It's actual cost is: $264, 898.00.

These are American dollars.

$$264,898.00.jpg

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
This is about a newly discovered dinosaur.

Newly discovered dinosaur roamed northern Alaska

Hadrosaur was a truly polar dinosaur that endured months of winter darkness and probably experienced snow.

A40ADFEE-625D-43D9-8C1E-CF9CFB546890@cinci.rr.com
This original painting by James Havens of Ugrunaaluk kuukpikensis, the new species of duck-billed dinosaur, illustrates a scene from ancient Alaska during the Cretaceous Period.
Researchers have uncovered the skeletal remains of a new species of plant-eating dinosaur in a remote part of Alaska, according to a report published September 22 in the journal Acta Palaeontologica Polonica. These dinosaurs were the northernmost dinosaurs known to have ever lived.The research team, scientists from Florida State University (FSU) and University of Alaska Fairbanks, say that the remains belong to a species of hadrosaur, a type of duck-billed dinosaur that roamed the North Slope of Alaska in herds 69 million years ago, living in darkness for months at a time and probably experiencing snow. FSU Professor of Biological Science Greg Erickson said:
The finding of dinosaurs this far north challenges everything we thought about a dinosaur’s physiology. It creates this natural question: How did they survive up here?
The dinosaur was named Ugrunaaluk kuukpikensis (oo-GREW-na-luck kuukpikensis (KOOK-pik-en-sis), which means ‘ancient grazer of the Colville River’. The remains were found along the Colville River in a geological formation in northern Alaska known as the Prince Creek Formation. The name was a collaborative effort between scientists and the native Iñupiaq people who live there today.The researchers say Ugrunaaluk kuukpikensis grew up to 30 feet (9 meters) long and was a superb chewer, with hundreds of individual teeth well-suited for eating coarse vegetation.Patrick Druckenmiller is an associate professor of geology at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Druckenmiller said:
These were the northern-most dinosaurs to have lived during the Age of Dinosaurs. They were truly polar.
These were the northern-most dinosaurs to have lived during the Age of Dinosaurs. They were truly polar.
1427FB3D-2D82-465A-B6FD-E4CC8AA4C3B6@cinci.rr.com
The researchers’ camp at the dig site along the Colville River near Nuiqsut, Alaska. Photo credit: Greg Erickson/UA Museum of the North via AP

The researchers say that 69 million years ago, when these hadrosaurs lived, the climate was much warmer. What is now northern Alaska was covered in a polar forest. But since it was so far north, the dinosaurs had to contend with months of winter darkness and snow. Scientists have excavated and cataloged more than 6,000 bones from the new species, primarily small juveniles. Druckenmiller said:
It appears that a herd of young animals was killed suddenly, wiping out mostly one similar-aged population to create this deposit.
Enjoying EarthSky? Sign up for our free daily newsletter today!Bottom line: A report published September 22, 2015 in the journal Acta Palaeontologica Polonicadescribes a new species of plant-eating dinosaur from a remote part of Alaska. Scientists say the herbivore endured months of winter darkness and probably experienced snow.Read more from the University of Alaska Fairbanks

Here is a picture.
$Alaskan Dino..jpg

Last edited:
I thought that plane looked familiar. I put together a model of that as a kid. Convair B-58 Hustler bomber. Same as in the movie, "Fail Safe" 1964 with Henry Fonda as the U.S. President. Liked that movie and the book. What a dilemma he had!

Mike

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I didn't start this bunch of pictures at this place. I put them somewhere else, and the moderators put them here.

Those ships are part of the navy of Norway. This is informative to me and to others.

The airplane was my favorite back in 1960. It was a B-58 Hustler, one of the fastest planes ever. It was discontinued because it was too costly to operate.

The Copley medal is given by England to their high achievers . At one time it was pure gold, but now it is silver.

Those firetrucks are made by the Ferrara company. That's a new name to me also. I am trying to be interesting , so I put the cost of them also. My friend, Don the fireman, told me that a fire truck cost $700,000.00. I did my own research on the matter, and that's what it says at www.ferrara.com. He says that the price is much higher for a truck with a long ladder on it.

I looked up that movie, "Fail Safe" on the internet. It will make a person really tense. No wonder I don't go to to the movies much.

I'm retired and have this Apple computer, so I could add many pictures to this place.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
This is about a newly discovered dinosaur.

Newly discovered dinosaur roamed northern Alaska

Hadrosaur was a truly polar dinosaur that endured months of winter darkness and probably experienced snow.

A40ADFEE-625D-43D9-8C1E-CF9CFB546890@cinci.rr.com
This original painting by James Havens of Ugrunaaluk kuukpikensis, the new species of duck-billed dinosaur, illustrates a scene from ancient Alaska during the Cretaceous Period.
Researchers have uncovered the skeletal remains of a new species of plant-eating dinosaur in a remote part of Alaska, according to a report published September 22 in the journal Acta Palaeontologica Polonica. These dinosaurs were the northernmost dinosaurs known to have ever lived.The research team, scientists from Florida State University (FSU) and University of Alaska Fairbanks, say that the remains belong to a species of hadrosaur, a type of duck-billed dinosaur that roamed the North Slope of Alaska in herds 69 million years ago, living in darkness for months at a time and probably experiencing snow. FSU Professor of Biological Science Greg Erickson said:
The finding of dinosaurs this far north challenges everything we thought about a dinosaur’s physiology. It creates this natural question: How did they survive up here?
The dinosaur was named Ugrunaaluk kuukpikensis (oo-GREW-na-luck kuukpikensis (KOOK-pik-en-sis), which means ‘ancient grazer of the Colville River’. The remains were found along the Colville River in a geological formation in northern Alaska known as the Prince Creek Formation. The name was a collaborative effort between scientists and the native Iñupiaq people who live there today.The researchers say Ugrunaaluk kuukpikensis grew up to 30 feet (9 meters) long and was a superb chewer, with hundreds of individual teeth well-suited for eating coarse vegetation.Patrick Druckenmiller is an associate professor of geology at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Druckenmiller said:
1427FB3D-2D82-465A-B6FD-E4CC8AA4C3B6@cinci.rr.com
The researchers’ camp at the dig site along the Colville River near Nuiqsut, Alaska. Photo credit: Greg Erickson/UA Museum of the North via AP

The researchers say that 69 million years ago, when these hadrosaurs lived, the climate was much warmer. What is now northern Alaska was covered in a polar forest. But since it was so far north, the dinosaurs had to contend with months of winter darkness and snow. Scientists have excavated and cataloged more than 6,000 bones from the new species, primarily small juveniles. Druckenmiller said:
It appears that a herd of young animals was killed suddenly, wiping out mostly one similar-aged population to create this deposit.
Enjoying EarthSky? Sign up for our free daily newsletter today!Bottom line: A report published September 22, 2015 in the journal Acta Palaeontologica Polonicadescribes a new species of plant-eating dinosaur from a remote part of Alaska. Scientists say the herbivore endured months of winter darkness and probably experienced snow.Read more from the University of Alaska Fairbanks

Here is a picture.
View attachment 604392

What was your aperture and shutter speed for this shot?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Here's some more pictures, since so few take an interest in this.
This looks like my first dog

$looks like Didums.jpgAnd my cousins, but not the one in the middle.

$Paula Lacker, x, and Diane L..jpgThen there's Sarah and her new baby.$sarah + husband + baby.jpg

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
This is the Russian ship full of Amonium Nitrate. It caused much damage in Lebanon.

RHOSUS.jpg

Top Bottom