What's new

FS Some Nice Razors at Low Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening. I dunno--razor prices fluctuate all the time, and you never know what price to put on them. I think it's a little down now, but whatever--except Fatboys--they're always up. Anyway, I have a few razors that I don't feel like gambling on eBay and would like to offer to the brotherhood here, and I don't especially want to make a mint on them. I really need a hat, so I'm going to give these some nice prices. End of year specials, right? These are good razors--no junk; three I've used the other was more of a collectable that I just never got around to using. Offered for those interested.

Please use the pm feature for questions and interest. All razors sold are packed carefully and shipped free CONUS with tracking First Class Mail, which is usually three days from when I post the package. It's pretty speedy.

First up is a Gillette Black Handle S-1 SS Excellent shape and cleaned, meaning I've put it through my cleaning, polishing, etc.--what's comfortable for me to shave with it--since I bought it. I cleaned it with Scrubbing Bubbles and aa toothbrush, some Dawn, then some Maas, then let it sit fir awhile. I shaved with it it and it's clean again, but you'll probably want to do whatever makes you comfortable as far as that goes. All works well. Nice razor. Mild. $15 shipped

Gillette SS old school style. Same as the above (cleaned after I picked it up, etc.). I'd say a little more aggressive that the Black Handle. Again, nice razor, no plating loss, etc. No date code, so 40s? $16 shipped

Gillette Super Adjustable. All setting click through and work. All paint on it, if you're interested in that, for collecting, etc. Works great, like a Slim but better, I think. Same as above cleaning-wise. I was careful with the paint and Scrubbing Bubbles (learned a lesson on that with another Super). A little nasty when I got it but I cleaned it up and polished it, as with the other two. Again, you'll probably want to give it a quick clean before you use it. But there's no more heavy lifting to do; this is pretty much ready to go. Shiny too. $25 shipped.

Last one is the collectors, but you could shave with it. I never did. Looks nice. I have shaved with a New, just not this one. A little agggressive. This has a nice coating of the gold. A lot of them get that brass look going, espcially on the cap, and they still go for high prices on eBay. This isn't there yet--still looks god and gold (that comes from scrubbing too much, IMO). I don't think I really cleaned this one yet, so it's pretty much the way I got it. Nice case too, snaps shut nicely and looks pretty good. So a good Red & Black Set, as they used to call them, for someone to either shave with or admire. $40 shipped. I actually think that's about what I paid for it. It also has the NOS blades, but I am not sure if these are specific to this set--either way they are cool to have.

Thanks for looking--I'll get the pictures going in the thread.

Last edited:
My photography skills--and camera--aren't great on any of these, that's my caveat. It's no strike against the razors: they're really better than the the photographer can shoot them (in other words...).

Black Handle pics here
IMG_9809.JPG
IMG_9811.JPG
IMG_9812.JPG

Ok now the SS gone. Black handle now gone too. Selling the Red and Black for the low price of $38 shipped.

Anybody? This is a pretty good deal. I am going to move it to eBay tonight, but I'll go one lasst $37 shipped-------

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Could you show a photo of the inside of the cap (the bottom of the cap) of the Red and Black?

The Red and Black is a NEW SC, right?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom