What's new

Some Mornings My Hands Are Sore

Because I work with my hands all evening (I work nights), some mornings my hands are sore, and it's hard to hang onto my Progress. It's making me want to bust out the the Sensor or the Fusion again for those times. Say what you will about carts, but one thing Gillette has done is make those handles really easy to grip. I really wish Merkur would have made the handle on the Progress knurled, or rubberized, or something.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Here's a solution:
$410AuZQhLBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

More elegant looking than the Merkur "marital aid" handle.

:lol:

Foyle, I also work nights, so I know where you're coming from. I don't really have an answer other than getting a lighter razor with a better grip (flare tip maybe?).

But my question is: why not shave in the evening before you go to work? I work 2100-0500 and I usually shave around dinnertime (or for me and you, breakfast).

I'm with you on the grip issue...even when I'm not tired. This is why I use my iKon handle on anything that will take it. For your situation, you might try some shrink wrap tubing, or maybe grip tape. I used grip tape on some razor that had a slippery handle (don't recall which) and it worked great. It's ugly though :).

Last edited:
Lord L6 is very light, yet the balance is still head-heavy.
The long aluminum handle is also quite comfy and much less slippery Chrome plated of the Progress.

Here's another suggestion. GEM made a model called "The Parade", which is sometimes called a "baton" handle. There is a thread complete with pictures on the SE forum. It is a single edge razor with a large Bakelite handle which should be very easy to grip with sore fingers. They can be had for very little money--usually less than $15. They are available on the 'Bay every day.

This!
Here's another suggestion. GEM made a model called "The Parade", which is sometimes called a "baton" handle. There is a thread complete with pictures on the SE forum. It is a single edge razor with a large Bakelite handle which should be very easy to grip with sore fingers. They can be had for very little money--usually less than $15. They are available on the 'Bay every day.

For those days you should pull out an injector. Easy on the hands and face.

I have Psoriasis problems, including the tips of my thumbs and index fingers. Sometimes it's very sensitive / tender, such as when I get little splits in the skin. My several Schick Injectors are the ones I reach for in particular when that's happened.

I have Psoriasis problems, including the tips of my thumbs and index fingers. Sometimes it's very sensitive / tender, such as when I get little splits in the skin.

Super Glue works extremely well for cracks in fingertips. It seals and stabilizes the skin, and relieves all pain almost instantly. Apply a couple of layers.

Top Bottom