What's new

Some Ebay prices getting out of hand.

Why not use the minimum bid to convey a starting point instead of a reserve that is unknown. If a person actively bids, it is ebay in part that controls how fast the price rises. Often, your max bid is much higher than the previous bid. However, you get the note that it doesn't meet the reserve price because ebay only increases $1.00 for bids above $25.00.

Why not use the minimum bid to convey a starting point instead of a reserve that is unknown. If a person actively bids, it is ebay in part that controls how fast the price rises. Often, your max bid is much higher than the previous bid. However, you get the note that it doesn't meet the reserve price because ebay only increases $1.00 for bids above $25.00.

Thanks, rickw, your suggestion is useful for lower priced items, but for the high $ ones, it really works best with a reserve. When you bid on an item like that, you can always bid up and once it meets the reserve, that is the actual bid.

A lot of times people use the reserve price to protect their interest in the item, and yet also allow them to find out what people are willing to pay for it. If you put a minimum bid on it and get zero bids, you know you priced it too high, but not the exact amount.

Thanks, rickw, your suggestion is useful for lower priced items, but for the high $ ones, it really works best with a reserve. When you bid on an item like that, you can always bid up and once it meets the reserve, that is the actual bid.

I can't bid it up by myself. For illustration, if the minimum bid is $10 and the reserve is $50; first bidder, second bidder, third bidder, you might be at $35. Let's say that mine is the bid that shows as $35 but my max is $60. Only if somebody bids against that $35 is there a possible chance of clearing the reserve price.

Rick,

That isn't the way ebay works. If the auction is at $5 and a reserve is at $50 if anyone bids above $50 the auction jumps to the reserve price even if there are no other bidders.

Shawn

Hello Everyone,

I sold some razors for the past year or so and I don’t think the prices are going up. Sometimes a model becomes “hot” and prices are going up for a while but in general they’ll stay in the same range. “High, insane, absurd or ridiculous Ebay prices” is a recurring theme on this forum and on SMF. However, as long as for most people would shave with Slim or Fat-Boy rather than a Vision or Future, I doubt prices will change very much.
Also, should I remind everyone how much a Fusion refill costs?
What we need is a new, well-made and affordable (25-45$) adjustable shaving razor. I’m amazed that Parker hasn’t come with a model yet.

Regards,
Alfred

"1930's US Aristocrat. Still very cheap."

Yup, very cheap. I was going to bid on that one but held off since I was going for the British version.

Shawn

Top Bottom