What's new

some brushes i've made

Appreciate the info, thanx. I tend to use antler almost exclusively but I will be getting a small lathe and using wood blanks as well.

Andrew how has the CA glue held up over the four years? I also really like the black Palm I don't think I have ever seen it before.

Andrew how has the CA glue held up over the four years? I also really like the black Palm I don't think I have ever seen it before.

the CA finish has held up great on my tulipwood brush... i probably only shave 1-2 times per week though, so i don't use it as much as some might. unfortunately, i don't think the ones i gave out get used much, so the durability hasn't been tested on those. if done properly, i think the CA finish has the potential to last a long time... just don't skimp on the coats.

Can I ask where you get your knots?

sure. i actually imported them from China in 2007. i had originally intended to manufacture them and try to sell them (i have sold a few in the past) but just never had time to devote to it. plus, i was lucky i didn't order more of them because there was a newly imposed importation tax/fee that i narrowly avoided. so i still have some knots and will have some time open up soon so i can try to get more made up and offer them for sale.

Top Bottom