What's new

Solimo Personna Equate and a few others.

I happened to see this razor being sold by quite a few companies including Amazon (Solimo brand), Person a and Equate (which I believe are owned by Schick).

Also sold be a few companies in India (Zlade, Hajamat etc). I feel these razors are sourced from a common manufacturer in China.

Any idea who makes these in China? And does anyone have experience using them?

download.jpeg
images.jpeg
images (1).jpeg
71u7f2cjXfL._SY879_.jpg

Yep. They work great on my head. 14-21 shaves per cart.
proxy.php

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;4yr/10yr Sabbatical

They are produced by Edgewell who own Personna/Schick/Wilkinson Sword. Personna is a private label manufacturer.
They are fine. Equate is a brand of Walmart.

I love this razor. They are Personna Calibers. I have used both the 3 blade and the 5 blade. With a motion-sphere handle and without. Cartridges also fit Schick Quattro handles. They are sold under so many different store brand names -- and every brand says the cartridges will only fit their handle, lol. But don't buy the cartridges in the store. Try the big auction site. If you don't have a Quattro handle, buy the handle separately -- might as well go with a Caliber handle -- the 3 and 5 blade cartridges fit the same handle. When I wanted to try it with motionsphere, I went to a brick and mortar Walmart.

You may be able to get a non-motionsphere handle for less if you hunt around.

Don't pay more than 50 cents a cartridge. I've bought a lot of them -- and you don't have to buy that much to get them at 50 cents each or less. I just got 16 triple blade cartridges (CVS branded) for $7 before tax. And a few months ago I got 48 5-bladers for 38 cents each, including tax and shipping! You just have to hunt for a deal. So maybe even 50 cents each is too much.

This is the listing that accepted my $7.00 offer. They still have 2 sets of 16 available. Go for it!

This is important -- don't confuse any of these as fitting Caliber 3 or 5 handles. They fit Personna Magnum handles only. Magnum 3 or Magnum 5 fit the same handle.
Note the connector -- it is not an adapter and is not meant to me removed. If you remove it it will not fit a Caliber or Quattro handle. I'm not sure when Personna made a Caliber cart for a Magnum handle -- they are not listed on the Personna site. Also note that the pivot point is different than the Caliber version.

The one with the orange strip is the original Magnum 5, that is still sold today under many different store brand names, and online in subscription form, like here: Razor Blade Refills | 99 Cent Razor - https://99centrazor.com/product-category/razors-and-refills/refills/

If you read the descriptions, even though they have renamed them they also give the Personna name, without mentioning Personna. They are the Caliber 3, Magnum 5, and Matrix3. But look at the prices! More than 99 cents a cart, especially when you add in their $4 shipping. (Magnum 5 and Matrix3 are excellent carts, too, btw.)

Dollar general sells Magnum 5: DG Body Men's Shave Crew Ridgeline 5 Blade Razor Handle, 1 Ct. - https://www.dollargeneral.com/dg-body-men-s-shave-crew-ridgeline-5-blade-razor-handle-1-ct.html

$1.65 per cart is way too much though: DG Body Men's Shave Crew Ridgeline 5 Blade Razor Cartridge, 4 Ct. - https://www.dollargeneral.com/dg-body-men-s-shave-crew-ridgeline-5-blade-razor-cartridge-4-ct.html
Especially for DollarGeneral.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpg