What's new

Sold me on the Simpsons Duke 3.!!

Hello Gentlemen,

I want to buy a new shaving brush, Simpsons Duke 3 in best badger to be exact. But I need help, so please convince me to pulled the trigger on this Iconic brush.!! Lol.. Why should I get it??, it's really that good.?? Come on sold me on the so popular Simpsons Duke 3 :badger::badger::lol::lol:

d_1797.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
This poster (you) says the Duke 3 is a shedder, and that Simpsons can't compare to the authentic fake Heritage brushes.

Why do you keep doing this each day?

Hello Gentlemen,

I want to buy a new shaving brush, Simpsons Duke 3 in best badger to be exact. But I need help, so please convince me to pulled the trigger on this Iconic brush.!! Lol.. Why should I get it??, it's really that good.?? Come on sold me on the so popular Simpsons Duke 3 :badger::badger::lol::lol:

View attachment 1231369
First thing that comes to my mind when I hear the name Simpsons is "Shedding issues" Are Simpsons brushes worth the big price tag.?? Why they are so expensive.?? They are really tiny and nothing special about the hair grade.
@Drseid,

I just experienced the same with a Duke 3 in best badger that a good friend of mine kindly sent me to try. The brush not only shed like a cat, but it feels so prickly on the skin. In fact I ended up with my face on fire, all red and irritated. Now I clearly understand why my friend told me not to make a decision before trying his brush!!

Heritage collection in the other hand, are some of the finest shaving brushes on the market at the moment. My Ever ready 500E replica It's a gem. With an exquisite 26mm Manchurian knot, great backbone and ridiculously soft tips... I can't ask for more really!! A lot of folks look down at these brushes because of the Gelled knots. But for me, I don't need torture on my face. I much prefer a soft tips brushes while maintaining good backbone too.!!

In my book Heritage collection shaving brushes are far superior than Simpsons brushes. :thumbup: :thumbup::badger::badger::badger:

View attachment 1229413View attachment 1229414
In my honest opinion Semogues and Heritage collection shaving brushes are the best of the best money can buy!!
End of the story.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Along with the Chubby 2, the Duke 3 is the most legendary Simpson of them all. Any Simpson fan must own a Duke. Buy it without hesitation, Sir.

It’s reportedly a fine brush, but I’d rather have a Colonel X2L
A gap in my Simpson experiences. I've had Commodores (X2 and X3) and a 57 and 58, but not the Colonel.

Is it a slightly less dense knot you favor, or the handle shape/size, or both?

Along with the Chubby 2, the Duke 3 is the most legendary Simpson of them all. Any Simpson fan must own a Duke. Buy it without hesitation, Sir.

+1! Yes indeed!

I prefer the Duke 2 as I tend toward ‘smaller/mid-size,’ but everyone on this forum ‘needs’ a Duke!! :a29: :a29:

Colonel X2L...perhaps the best all-around brush I have used ever.
Not too hot, not too cold. Just right
Not too hard, not too soft. Just right.
Not too tall, not too short. Just right.
I'm thinking Simpson's should have named this brush "Goldilocks X2L"

Top Bottom