What's new

Sold all my elite artisan soaps. This is what I kept...

I'm tellin' you guys... OP has it right. Though they are not my favorite soaps (they neither excite me nor do their scents intoxicate me), if I had to narrow it down to three soaps, it would be Tabac, Cella and La Toja. And again, though not my favorite (it sees little use), if I had to choose one cream, it would be Palmolive. Why? Because I wouldn't care about scent or any other factors but performance. I would simply choose the best products. This thread has me torn. I think I need to buy some distraction soap.

Good line up. I would personally substitute the palmolive for spieck without a second thought. And I definitely feel this basics themed all star team of yours is missing something from the Proraso line.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Going back to basics. “Old School” as the cool kids call it:

proxy.php
Smart man!

I love all of the classic soaps, and I use them in a rotation with mostly artisan soaps. Whenever Tabac comes up in the rotation, I always think - why don't I just sell everything else and use Tabac for the rest of my life? In the end, I suppose I like the variety I have too much.

La Toja is a great soap - not as cushiony or "fluffy" as some, but very slick and protective, and their AS is some of the best I've used. Scent's not bad either....

I have everything you have there except Palmolive. But I would add Arko and Proraso..This is what I'm going to use after I finish my artisan soaps..

It's settled.

La Toja, Speick, Palmolive, Valobra, Fine Santal, Cyril Salter, Arko

I'm keeping no other commercial stuff and may limit even the above list eventually.

Again, thanks for the nudge to do this.

Going back to basics. “Old School” as the cool kids call it:

proxy.php

Not a million miles from what I have, replace the Cella with Vitos, and Palmolive Red for the stick, and Valobra for the La Toja.

I'll add the Palmolive Red tube & Cella Blue soon.

I love all of the classic soaps, and I use them in a rotation with mostly artisan soaps. Whenever Tabac comes up in the rotation, I always think - why don't I just sell everything else and use Tabac for the rest of my life? In the end, I suppose I like the variety I have too much.
I go through the exact same thing every time I use Tabac, and also arrive at the same conclusion.

Top Bottom