What's new

SOLARA AGING?

So, for those who may not know, a solara bottle is one which has been mostly drained, to which you add the last few drams of another bottle. Always the same spirit "type", but over the long haul, you end up with a kind of Frankenstein's blend of, say, Bourbon or Gin, etc.

I recently did this with two sample English blends, combining them into a jar and letting them sit. Neither was that appealing on it's own, and I am wondering about the prospects of a "solara" jar of left over tobaccos.

So long as I keep things to small enough quantities, do you think that several individual blends (all one type) would marry well?

Potentially. I can’t remember which online vendor, but they used to sell essentially all their sweepings from filling bulk tobacco orders in a bag for pretty cheap, and some folks enjoyed it.

2A3YADE.jpg

Wife, or Monster? Only time can tell!

Hopefully it won't respond as poorly to flames. :)

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Many people do this with the tailings from all tobacco blends they smoke...I've heard some pretty amazing things about these frankenblends. Good luck 👍 you never know.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Potentially. I can’t remember which online vendor, but they used to sell essentially all their sweepings from filling bulk tobacco orders in a bag for pretty cheap, and some folks enjoyed it.

Gawith Hoggarth Pensioner's Mixture is essentially this. The trimmings off plugs, mis-sliced flakes, casing booboos, etc. Some UK retailers have their own OAP Mixture jar too.

Personally, I have a 1 litre reject blend jar. Anything I don't like, or tail ends of pouches, or samples I've got bored off, get dumped and mixed in with a base of uninspiring cheap bland shag tobacco.

I have one of those same jars. As I pull some out to dry, whatever doesn't fit in the pipe goes into the jar. It's a little bit of everything. Right now it has an amazing bouquet unlike anything I've smelled yet. Halloween I plan on getting into it.

Top Bottom