What's new

Softer than Plisson Knot

Happy Sunday everyone !
Hope ya'll are good.

I want to know which synthetic shaving brush/knot is softer than the already very soft plisson brush.
I have a WD synthetic but it pokes me so it's not the one for me. Its the ubersoft type hair as per the discussions around.

I am thinking to try Maggard's black synthetic knot which is around.

Your experience and inputs will be appreciated.

The Cashmere knot from APShaveCo is super soft. It's the softest synthetic I've tried, and I've tried quite a few, including the Plisson and WD. And it doesn't have the "pokiness" that some synthetics have.

Happy Sunday everyone !
Hope ya'll are good.

I want to know which synthetic shaving brush/knot is softer than the already very soft plisson brush.
I have a WD synthetic but it pokes me so it's not the one for me. Its the ubersoft type hair as per the discussions around.

I am thinking to try Maggard's black synthetic knot which is around.

Your experience and inputs will be appreciated.
I have the Cashmere knot from APShave Co, it is the softest synthetic I've ever used, like silk on the face. I also like the WSP synthetic, it has good backbone but soft tips and no scritch. My favorite is the Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic, but it's not in the same budget. I have a couple plisson style knots, but I don't prefer the scritch that I get from them. Good luck!

I have the Cashmere knot from APShave Co, it is the softest synthetic I've ever used, like silk on the face. I also like the WSP synthetic, it has good backbone but soft tips and no scritch. My favorite is the Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic, but it's not in the same budget. I have a couple plisson style knots, but I don't prefer the scritch that I get from them. Good luck!

Any information on synthetic blackwolf shaving brush from Envy shave ?

I have yet to find a plisson locally, and won't order a crush for a while. My stf is well used and super soft, and the Stirling seams hard to beat, especially for the price(about 10% the cost of my muhle)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I believe Italian Barber sells a synthetic that is advertised to be softer than the Plissoft.

I am curious about the blackwolf synthetic by Envy Shave as well but they are currently not selling the knot by itself, would love to hear from anyone who has tried them.

I believe Italian Barber sells a synthetic that is advertised to be softer than the Plissoft.
Which one ? By the looks, all seems same as plisson knot.
I am curious about the blackwolf synthetic by Envy Shave as well but they are currently not selling the knot by itself, would love to hear from anyone who has tried them.
Yes. Me too.

Actually the Plissoft Silvertip with Chrome handle is described to be softer than the regular Plissoft brushes that Italian Barber sells.

I've never tried a Plisson brush. But the RazoRock silvertip plissoft feels awesome. It's my favorite brush i own. All of these here are pretty soft and are very soothing when fave lathering.

IMG_4585.JPG

From the research I've done, your best bets are the Plissoft Silvertip Synthetics (clear or silver are the only options I think), or the APShaveCo Tuxedo or Cashmere. I have the Tuxedo and Cashmere, but haven't set them in handles yet. Both feel extremely soft.

Which are the middle and righ ones and tell me about their softness vs the plissoft silvertip by RR.

The middle is a 24mm AP Shave Co knot in a Whipped dog handle. The tips are super soft like the RR Plissoft. But it has more backbone. It's a little springy and so I end up flinging lather around sometimes.

The right is a Maggards brush. It's somewhere in between the RR and the AP Shave Co. the tips are still really soft. And the backbone is somewhere in between. It was my favorite brush until I got the RR.

Top Bottom