What's new

Softening my mustache

I maintain a VanDyke and, although she complements my smooth face after a shave, my wife always complains about my prickly mustache. However, she won't let me shave it and just keep the goatee (not that I want to, right now). I must admit that I am strikingly debonair with a VanDyke. :001_rolle

The question I pose to you fine feathered fellows is this. What can I do to soften my mustache so that my wife doesn't imagine an angry porcupine when I kiss her?

hydrating the hairs definitely helps. You can use some of the fancy, expensive beard oils, I just any plant based oil. Jojoba is particularely praised, At the moment I use coconut oil which also works a treat. In the past I've even used olive oil. you smell like a cheap Greek restaurant but it's great on the whiskers. Mind you still won't get to fluffy like a teddy bear stage but it helps to be less prickly.

I'll have to try the jojoba oil and coconut oil. I can't grow the stache longer because it stays prickly until it's long enough to make me look like Wyatt Earp. I'll admit it is a cool look, but not for me at this stage in my life.
I was thinking about using lanolin M from MWF to soften it.
Anyone ever use lanolin to soften their facial hair?

Lanolin is excellent for softening as well as training rogue hairs to mind their place.

I suggest Lansinoh HPA lanolin, which is readily available in most pharmacies.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I use standard hair conditioner about once a week or so when it needs it, and use the fancy pants beard oil as needed. Having that nice smelling oil under your nose is a nice treat every now and again. It helps the beard too! I really like Fine Shaving Products Ignite. Has a nice spicy citrus scent.

Top Bottom