What's new

Soft soap from Italy - what was it?

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I did a razor trade with a guy from Italy a while back and he sent me a scoop of some soft almond shave soap. The stuff does a great job and smells good. It had the texture of silly-putty. I would love to find it but I've lost his contact info.

Anybody familiar with that product?

Thanks!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, Italy has always been famous among experienced wet shavers for its quality Almond scented soft soaps - they are a strong part of our tradition. Please, post a photo of this specific product (if you have any box, container or label) or just give me a name, so that we can discuss about it. :)

Italian soaps are terrific! If you have a label we might be able to help you identify the particular product.

To guess - Cella. Or some P160 maybe. I think there are others but Cella always stands out, to me, as the 'Neo' of almond shave soaps.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Vitos, Valobra, Cella, Boellis Panama, P160, Razorock...? There are MANY soft almond Italian croaps, so it's anyones guess.

Nothing is ever lost. Misplaced. Forgotten. Maybe.

There are tools and apps that will ferret out things you would rather not know existed
Call it what you want, He said he has no way to do as you said to just contact the person who sent it..........

Call it what you want, He said he has no way to do as you said to just contact the person who sent it..........

Easy answer is "it could be any of about 12 products" (give or take a couple more)

Try em all until you find out which it might have been, if you are able to tell the difference, if not, you'll have a decade stash of Italian cropes.

Was the sample square shaped? If so I'd say Panama cut from the stick. But it also could be scooped from a Panama jar. It's the only "almond" I have though so out side of potential shape I'm not sure. How strong is the cherry in it? Ala marzipan

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
This seems to be a mystery
Op must buy every Italian soap and cream and try to determine the original sample.

While there are quite a few Almond scented Italian soaps the most likely would be Cella as it's probably the most common one. The consistency is on par with your description as well.

I'd start your search by obtaining a sample of Cella and seeing if it's the one you remember trying.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Thanks all.

No label, no container, just a scoop rolled up in some Saran Wrap.

Seems like he mentioned that it was made by the same producer of P160 and no longer readily available so I didn't pursue it.

Fitness Shaving Soap maybe. Seems like he said that Figaro was similar but not as good as the Fitness.

No longer available might be P.160

Disconued a few years ago

proxy.php

Thanks all.

No label, no container, just a scoop rolled up in some Saran Wrap.

Seems like he mentioned that it was made by the same producer of P160 and no longer readily available so I didn't pursue it.

Fitness Shaving Soap maybe. Seems like he said that Figaro was similar but not as good as the Fitness.
It could possibly be a chunk of the P160 1kg block that they used to make.

Top Bottom