What's new

Soft pipe rack

Anyone here have a soft pipe rack? I have an idea for one to help organize and make my pipes easier to access in my tight closet storage setting. Thinking a canvas or fabric panel with strips of fabric sewn on in small loop to accommodate the pipes. Planning to mount it to the back of my closet door... first I thought of attempting to make one myself but the amount of material and skills it would take to sew it is probably beyond my level. So I did some searching and found something I hope will work out.

Found these 24in wide by 32in long M.O.L.L.E panels on Amazon. They are supposed to arrive Sunday for the true test but I have a couple backpacks with this kind of system sewn on them. I tested with a few pipes and it seems to work nicely! The pipes with chunchy shanks may require some loop modification but that shouldn't be too bad I think.

Anyone done this or use a similar pipe rack?

Screenshot_20220517-174438_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Good idea!
Thanks! Hopefully it works how I would like. Most of the pipe will likely extend into two loops. If the pic is correct each panel should house around 7 rows of pipes. Many of my collection is kinda burried in some drawers of a container. They get neglected as I have to un bury the container to access them. If this works out it might hold all of the pipe and I can increase my overall space by retiring some of the larger wooden pipe racks.

Got them hung up and loaded. More than likely I'll be moving the pipes around as I go. It fit almost everything except meers, cobs, and some of the odd shaped pipes. It is a bit better suited to more traditional shapes. Straight pipes too but it does work with all different types. Also learned to not stretch it tight or screw it down tight. If left more loosely the pipes fit better and earlier. Otherwise the loops get stretched and it is hard to put the stems through. I like it!

20220523_163522.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Ponycarman : that is awesome.

I shouldn't admit this but..... I'm among friends, right?

I honestly didn't think it would turn out half this nice! Guess why?

In my mind I imagined the pipes right side up!
Yeah, I'm not the brightest B and B boy!

Hahaha thanks!
@Ponycarman : that is awesome.

I shouldn't admit this but..... I'm among friends, right?

I honestly didn't think it would turn out half this nice! Guess why?

In my mind I imagined the pipes right side up!
Yeah, I'm not the brightest B and B boy!
It worked out better than I thought it would 👍

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Got them hung up and loaded. More than likely I'll be moving the pipes around as I go. It fit almost everything except meers, cobs, and some of the odd shaped pipes. It is a bit better suited to more traditional shapes. Straight pipes too but it does work with all different types. Also learned to not stretch it tight or screw it down tight. If left more loosely the pipes fit better and earlier. Otherwise the loops get stretched and it is hard to put the stems through. I like it!

View attachment 1460703
Fantastic!

View attachment 1460703
Very nice!

Thanks everyone! I'm happy it worked out. Now I can see abd access all of them easily. Some of the neglected ones may get more attention now haha. Also I can put away the larger pipe stands and make some extra space for other stuff.

Top Bottom