What's new

Soft brushes

Currently I own only one brush: a Mühle Silvertip fibre syntethic. It is not a bad brush, but still slightly too much for my sensitive skin. It is the only thing in my shaving routine I am not fully satisfied with. Are there any inexpensive brushes that would be softer? I prefer synthetic because of the short soaking time, but I am open for any suggestion.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Are you face lathering? If so you might want to try building your lather in a bowl and then using paint brush strokes to apply the lather to your face.

Are you face lathering? If so you might want to try building your lather in a bowl and then using paint brush strokes to apply the lather to your face.
This is already what I am doing, I am building up the lather in a bowl and then "painting" it on.

Of the synthetic brushes I have used (not that many), the Razorock Plissoft seemed the softest to me, although still with a decent amount of backbone. It certainly felt softer than the Muhle STF V2 I used to own. Probably even softer feeling is my Kent BK8, but that isn't a cheap brush. The Whipped Dog silvertip is also very gentle on the face, and much less costly.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
For what it's worth: synthetic and badger brushes don't require any soaking time. Just get them wet and go.

The Maggard black and white synthetic is soft, yet has adequate backbone. The 22mm is $12. I highly recommend it.

A good boar, such as my Semogue 610 is also very soft, with backbone. However, they take many uses to break in!

I would have ordered RazoRock Plissoft if it was not for the criminal shipping cost. The shipping alone is $25, which is double the price of the brush. What European brands do you recommend? Or is there anything cheap from Asia?

If you want soft brush then you cant go wrong with a kent silver tip. Down side some dont get on with the 'floppy' feel. Avalible from Kent them selves or a variety of european vendors. They must be doing something right as they've been around for some time.

I would have ordered RazoRock Plissoft if it was not for the criminal shipping cost. The shipping alone is $25, which is double the price of the brush. What European brands do you recommend? Or is there anything cheap from Asia?

There is at least one UK-based vendor of RR brushes, and maybe more.

Synbad is also a nice option from what is described on thew new knots. I ordered mine a week or so ago and awaiting its delivery.

Top Bottom