What's new

Society Of the Red Tip

Gillette Red Tip / Gillette 7o'clock SharpEdge
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

This is my favorite DE razor...I had the unfortunate experience of starting with this razor at the beginning of my DE shaving.Unfortunate because all the other razors I bought lacked the balance of blade feel,Aggression,feedback..Etc.I eventually just realized that maybe I started with the right one...I have two..One is like new,the other is the one I use..It’s also in good shape but has some wear..The red is nearly gone..I especially like the highband years..YMMV
34555862-D9CC-434B-BF34-9B16F35F761A.jpeg
7903DB36-BEC0-4152-A7B2-9D1197B09A7C.jpeg
048216FE-066E-49C1-97B5-8D21A7A63477.jpeg

Razor: Gillette 1957 C2 Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20201113_084622.jpg

I'm very much looking forward to tonight's shave. All through the month of March, I've been using my Red Tip for the FFFMM challenge*. I love the razor, but the Parker in there isn't quite what I was hoping for. Great shaves, but a little meh. Good, but not mind blowing.

Anyways, I'm also sitting on a couple (hundred) GSB blades as well as Sharks. I'm looking forward to seeing what one of those will do in there!

*Yes, I know it's been over for almost a week, but that Parker is still shaving well, so there was no real need to swap.

So all throughout March I've been using my Red Tip with Parker blades. Great comfortable close shaves. So April 1, I jump back to my '56 SS for a change of pace. Today, I went back to the Red Tip with a fresh Shark. Man, what a difference! Nothing against Parkers, but it did even better with the Shark. I think it'll take a GSB like a charm.

Top Bottom