What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

I didn’t know this club existed until to day. I own 2 injectors. A Schick J and modern Supply injectors. I only use an injector. I have tried DE, GEMS, Black hawk and many different cartridge razors. None gives me as good a shave as an injector. Long live the injector.

Welcome to the club. I entirely agree with you.

I didn’t know this club existed until to day. I own 2 injectors. A Schick J and modern Supply injectors. I only use an injector. I have tried DE, GEMS, Black hawk and many different cartridge razors. None gives me as good a shave as an injector. Long live the injector.
Welcome to the club! Injectors are the way to go.

I made some blade cost calculation between Injector VS DE blades. I find that an injector blade is 3 up to 5 times more expensive than a good DE blade. I usually get 2 weeks of shaves out of each blade. A 100 piece of Astra SP for 10 dollars makes me a bit thoughtful on this comparison at least.

Is blade cost a problem for you guys?
The costs are comparable to AC blades or carts in the developed world.

Applying to be one of you SISSIES!

1. Tell how many Injector Razors are in your stable.
I have one, and two on the way.

2. Tell the types that you own.
G, and a Grip and Stick inbound.

3. Tell what percentage of your shaves are with Injector Razors compared to DEs, SEs, and other types.
I used an injector for the past week-7 shaves. I don't see me going back to DEs.

4. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the best, and why.
So far the G.

5. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the least, and why.
No answer, unless it's the ones I haven't tried yet, lol.

6. Give your conclusions about Injector Razors.

I truly can't see why more wet shavers don't use them. Sure, the allure of sexy DEs is far greater, a lot of beautiful high end models are coming out all the time. But I have to shave for work, so function is more important to me than form. And I get the best shaves, hands down, from injectors. Like previously mentioned, injectors are like cheating.
I started out wet shaving with straight razors way back when SRP was just a Yahoo forum. Drifted away back to carts for a few years, then got interested again when I had to buy some cartridge refills. Shocked at the price, I started lurking B&B, and bought some vintage Gillettes. Been doing that for 5 or so years, and I discovered injectors. Wow. I do love straight shaving, but the maintenance doesn't interest me anymore. DE shaving to me doesn't give the amazing, effortless results like injectors do. Kind of like a quantum leap for wet shaving. Been using a Chick for 7 shaves now, and still going strong.

3. Tell what percentage of your shaves are with Injector Razors compared to DEs, SEs, and other types.
I used an injector for the past week-7 shaves. I don't see me going back to DEs.

So far the G.

I truly can't see why more wet shavers don't use them. Sure, the allure of sexy DEs is far greater, a lot of beautiful high end models are coming out all the time. But I have to shave for work, so function is more important to me than form. And I get the best shaves, hands down, from injectors. Like previously mentioned, injectors are like cheating.
I started out wet shaving with straight razors way back when SRP was just a Yahoo forum. Drifted away back to carts for a few years, then got interested again when I had to buy some cartridge refills. Shocked at the price, I started lurking B&B, and bought some vintage Gillettes. Been doing that for 5 or so years, and I discovered injectors. Wow. I do love straight shaving, but the maintenance doesn't interest me anymore. DE shaving to me doesn't give the amazing, effortless results like injectors do. Kind of like a quantum leap for wet shaving. Been using a Chick for 7 shaves now, and still going strong.
The Grip and Stick are the same Type L head, so you won't have any variety. The Type L is my favourite, with the aesthetic of the Grip it's definitely a the number one Type L. I also like the Type J. Who can resist a Golden 500? The Type K in glitter, the rare Type I in chrome. I even have a non type Lady Schick.

So far the G.

Well, you certainly qualify for the club. Welcome! Be sure to get some twin blades to use in those Type Ls.

I know the Grip and Stick have identical heads. Might make some side by side testing easier when I do get around to trying twins.

Does anyone know if there's a reloadable injector cartridge, or is it manual, one by one from the front?
I have some Personna injector blades to try, and also want to try the B20s I've been reading about

I know the Grip and Stick have identical heads. Might make some side by side testing easier when I do get around to trying twins.

Does anyone know if there's a reloadable injector cartridge, or is it manual, one by one from the front?
I have some Personna injector blades to try, and also want to try the B20s I've been reading about

If by cartridge you mean injector magazine, they are all reloadable. Just push the spring down with a toothpick or narrow screwdriver, then push the blades in from the end having the key, making sure that the cutting edge is away from the key side.

If by cartridge you mean injector magazine, they are all reloadable. Just push the spring down with a toothpick or narrow screwdriver, then push the blades in from the end having the key, making sure that the cutting edge is away from the key side.
Thanks. I was thinking of one with a removable cap or something like that.

Thanks. I was thinking of one with a removable cap or something like that.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I'm not aware of anything like you describe. The closest thing I can think of would be one of the Type A, B, or C magazine repeaters. However, you would need to find an empty blade tray, and then try to reload it. That is probably more dangerous and finicky than reloading a regular injector magazine. It is possible to occasionally find a NOS magazine tray in a can with the original blades, but the blades are not stainless and would probably be deteriorated with age. Besides, they are very expensive by virtue of being collectable.

Haven't gotten the twin blades yet. Also ordered a pack of Proline B20. On the plus side, I got an E2, cased with brass injector case. It has the single parent number, rounded spring, smooth safety bar but doesn't open.. :( Also got a Grip and a Stick. Used the Grip today with a fresh Personna blade. Last Personna blade I used dropped off between shave 3 and 4. Used one more time (in a G1). Was expecting more life out of the blade, too.

I didn't find Personna's up to scratch. NOS Schicks gave irritation. Chinese Schicks are perfect. I have yet to try my B20's.

Is Amazon.com the cheaper way to buy Injector razors with yellow package in Canada ? There is a sale of 4 packs around 21 usd. I wonder about the shipping costs.

Is Amazon.com the cheaper way to buy Injector razors with yellow package in Canada ? There is a sale of 4 packs around 21 usd. I wonder about the shipping costs.

I don't know about Canada, but I generally buy mine on eBay. You might have to look around, but there are some pretty good prices available, some with free shipping (at least within the US).

Great info.

I have another question please.

Is there a model that shaves "similar" to the Adjustable M type? Type N for example?

Top Bottom