What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

Had my first shave with the L injector two days ago. It was quite a pleasant experience and I really like that's it's like holding a cartridge which is intuitive for me. I got a few cuts or irritation on my neck which is a sensitive area, I might have used too much force due to the form-factor being so similar to cartridge razors.

Had my first shave with the L injector two days ago. It was quite a pleasant experience and I really like that's it's like holding a cartridge which is intuitive for me. I got a few cuts or irritation on my neck which is a sensitive area, I might have used too much force due to the form-factor being so similar to cartridge razors.

Yes, don't be fooled by the superficial resemblance to a cartridge razor. An Injector is still a single-bladed razor which requires proper angle and minimum pressure. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying yours.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Bought some more Schicks that were bargins and got to have a little fun with this Stick Schick for a change up down the road on a Sunday shave.
Stick Schick with a 20 year warranty from a G Schick  (2).jpg

The White handled Schick is NOS with the blank in it still and that was a pleasant surprise. I think it's a E2 with the wings on the spring.
Shick instructions (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

I made some blade cost calculation between Injector VS DE blades. I find that an injector blade is 3 up to 5 times more expensive than a good DE blade. I usually get 2 weeks of shaves out of each blade. A 100 piece of Astra SP for 10 dollars makes me a bit thoughtful on this comparison at least.

Is blade cost a problem for you guys?

I made some blade cost calculation between Injector VS DE blades. I find that an injector blade is 3 up to 5 times more expensive than a good DE blade. I usually get 2 weeks of shaves out of each blade. A 100 piece of Astra SP for 10 dollars makes me a bit thoughtful on this comparison at least.

Is blade cost a problem for you guys?

Not for me. I usually get about 30 shaves out of a Chick blade, but even so, I would pay extra for the quality of an Injector shave over that of a DE (with a couple of possible exceptions).

I'm not sure how I missed this group. I guess I just haven't been hanging around on B&B quite enough. Please accept my belated request for membership though.

1. Tell how many Injector Razors are in your stable.
- About 10 right now but I've given several away over the past few years.

2. Tell the types that you own.
- 2 or 3 G's
- 2 I2's
- 1 plain jane J
- 1 Golden 500 which is probably my favorite because it's in such nice shape and shaves great but any I or J does a great job for me.
- 1 plain ol' L - bought this one NOS with a beat up package so I opened it up and used it
- 2 Adjustables

3. Tell what percentage of your shaves are with Injector Razors compared to DEs, SEs, and other types.
- About 20% right now. Earlier in my shaving obsession I used them a lot more but I like to switch around between injectors, DE's, straights, and shavettes now.

4. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the best, and why.
- I's and J's are my favorites. The aggression level is perfect for me and they always give me the closest most comfortable shaves.

5. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the least, and why.
- I like them all but the G is the one I've gone longest without using. They're just a little more aggressive than I like. It's been quite a while though and I need to revisit it to see if my old opinion still stands.

6. Give your conclusions about Injector Razors.
- When I was staring out with traditional shaving I had a hard time getting consistently good shaves with a DE and decided to try out an injector. Right off the bat I got great shaves every time. Close, comfortable, and consistent.

Okay, I think I’m now a member of the SISSIES club!

I have quite a few injectors in my den:

Schick E, G, J 500, L, L clone, O clone, M adjustable, Personna adjustable and a Gillette twinjector.

I had a Schick C and a Persona injectomatic a few years back which I sold off in an effort to thin the den. Hmmm..... I have about 100+ chicks and Personnas in stock, along with 40 twin injector blades in reserve.

I love these razors as they’re all smooth, efficient and fun to use.

I don’t know if I have a true favorite out of the bunch, but I really like the L and O with twin blades. The Gillette is an excellent razor as long as there’s a twin blade in it. I like the fact that I can get 15 shaves out of a chick/personna blade and a good 40 out of a twin.

I still use my DEs, SEs, and SRs, but injectors seem to be my “go to” razor more and more.

So am I in the club?

Okay, I think I’m now a member of the SISSIES club!

I have quite a few injectors in my den:

Schick E, G, J 500, L, L clone, O clone, M adjustable, Personna adjustable and a Gillette twinjector.

I had a Schick C and a Persona injectomatic a few years back which I sold off in an effort to thin the den. Hmmm..... I have about 100+ chicks and Personnas in stock, along with 40 twin injector blades in reserve.

I love these razors as they’re all smooth, efficient and fun to use.

I don’t know if I have a true favorite out of the bunch, but I really like the L and O with twin blades. The Gillette is an excellent razor as long as there’s a twin blade in it. I like the fact that I can get 15 shaves out of a chick/personna blade and a good 40 out of a twin.

I still use my DEs, SEs, and SRs, but injectors seem to be my “go to” razor more and more.

So am I in the club?

Welcome Jim. You're definitely in the club, and I'm glad to have you. I have a Twinjector, too, but I've never been able to get a decent shave from it, no matter whether I use singles or twins. Now it's just a hangar queen.

Welcome Jim. You're definitely in the club, and I'm glad to have you. I have a Twinjector, too, but I've never been able to get a decent shave from it, no matter whether I use singles or twins. Now it's just a hangar queen.
Thanks! I have a supply of Gillette twinjector blades that I’m using and they are excellent in that razor. It’s a two pass shave for sure, but it’s quite efficient. Not sure if there’s any difference in the geometry between the Gillette and Schick twins.

Thanks! I have a supply of Gillette twinjector blades that I’m using and they are excellent in that razor. It’s a two pass shave for sure, but it’s quite efficient. Not sure if there’s any difference in the geometry between the Gillette and Schick twins.

I got the Gillette twins with the razor, and they didn't work for me. Some day I'll need to try the Schick twins to see if that makes a difference.

As injector shavers are in majority in this thread, I am sharing my o clone experience with a twin blade :

1) it is not as aggressive as an E2 (Good or bad depends on the user type)

2) twin blades gathers tiny hair in the angle between the blades.

What do you think of these two findings? The second one on the twin blade is a bit unexpected to me.

As injector shavers are in majority in this thread, I am sharing my o clone experience with a twin blade :

What do you think of these two findings? The second one on the twin blade is a bit unexpected to me.

It's unexpected for me, too. I've never had that experience--I've never had a twin blade clog up before.

I have thick, coarse growth and I've had hair collect in between the blades of a twin. HOT, not warm, water running over the blades at an angle. When it got very clogged, I had to soak the head in warm to hot warm for a half hour followed by vigorous swishing of the razor head in the water. That usually cleared it for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I used my Gillette injector today with a Gillette twinjector blade. No clogging at all. I did have an issue of clogging with twin blades in the past, but it was more likely user error. Too thick/dry of a lather and infrequent rinsing will do it. Using a wetter lather and rinsing the blade more frequently eliminated all issues with clogging for me.

I get a very smooth and close shave with the Gillette injector as long as I use twin blades. It is definitely a mild razor and you’ll never nick yourself with this one.

Used with twin blades, I’ll compare it to a Schick adjustable with a twin blade set on 4. It’s good combination for a quick and smooth shave if your whiskers are not too coarse.

I didn’t know this club existed until to day. I own 2 injectors. A Schick J and modern Supply injectors. I only use an injector. I have tried DE, GEMS, Black hawk and many different cartridge razors. None gives me as good a shave as an injector. Long live the injector.

Top Bottom